Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I searched and saw some comments, but not all the info and/or suggestions i would like to see on the 23 inch front and 22 inch back tire combo. Anyone running that combo, I would appreciate it if you would post what if any positive or negative effects that combo brought to your quad. What does it help with? WHat does it hurt? Type of riding you do? brand? why you went with a 23/22 combo? ect. Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have 23 7 10 maxxis rzrs and kenda kutter 22 9 11 IMO its a great tire combo but i wish i went with maxxis rzr 2 in the same size in the front. the rears help with the body role and the front help with the front end push. i ride trails, little mx, sand pits and everything in between. its a great all around tire combo

·
Registered
340 Posts
Tyres

Mate, I run 22x7x10 Kenda XCF up front and the Kenda Kutter 22x9x11 on the rear and find this to be an excellent set up for the trial. I also like the ballanced look the 22 fronts gives the 700xx

I can tell ya this a 22 front rides the bumps a heap better than a 21 with bugger all cornering differance on the trial.

Personaly I like the 22 front a lot better than the 21s

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
23" Razor 2s in the front and 22" Razors in the rear. The Razor 2 tread pattern on the front bites much better than stock. The 23s gives it a little more clearance and I think it takes ruts and trail obstacles better with the front end up a bit. The only thing I think that the 23s might hurt is turning while hill climbing. Next set of tires will be 21s on the front and 20s on the rear.

·
Registered
755 Posts
23" Razor 2s in the front and 22" Razors in the rear. The Razor 2 tread pattern on the front bites much better than stock. The 23s gives it a little more clearance and I think it takes ruts and trail obstacles better with the front end up a bit. The only thing I think that the 23s might hurt is turning while hill climbing. Next set of tires will be 21s on the front and 20s on the rear.
I'd run 21 front and 20 rear if it didn't make the rear 50" wide. 23 front 22 rear seems to make the most sense because sport quads generally have 1" higher fronts.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Thats the only reason i didnt get 20" rears. Cause the damn thing woulda been too wide for me. If there was a 20" tire to fit the stock whels i'd be running that setup. I think the 23" front makes the front higher and gives it more body roll in the turns unless you have adjustable socks and can lower it back down a bit.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't get why Maxxis doesn't make a 20" rear razr for 11" RIM. If you do the math, a 20" tire - 11" rim is 9 total inches of tire / by 2 sides is 4.5" from the rim to tire. Maxxis already makes a 18X10X9 and 18X10X10 which has 4.5" and 4" rim to tire length.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I wish man that would be awesome! I would love to have some 20" razr 2's for stock rear wheels!
Maybe we can get enuf people on here to buy them and contact Maxxis to start making them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hear we go again

Gee hear we go again with that 10 and 11 thing.

I think that Maxxis missed the boat, the day the Kenda ship sailed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thats Crazy

I get your idear Red, but how tall would the sidwalls be on a 20inch tyre on an 11inch rim that would be insane.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I get your idear Red, but how tall would the sidwalls be on a 20inch tyre on an 11inch rim that would be insane.
Stock is 5.5" and 20" tire would be 4.5". It is the same sidewall thickness as a 18" tire on 9" rims which is actually quite common.

·
Registered
528 Posts
id like a 20" maxxis for the rear, we need to contact maxxis to see if we could do a group buy or something to have them produced.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.