Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, all. I am sure this has been covered before, but I just want a little confirmation on this. I just ordered the Kenda Kutter XC 22x9x11 for my rears and am ready to get some new fronts asap. Any thoughts on whether to go with 22's or 23's? I do mostly big, bumpy Tennessee trail riding with Novice XC and GNCC aspirations. Thanks in advance! Oh, if it will help I also just ordered Elka 3's for all four corners. Will I have to lower the front a bit to compensate for the extra height? There are lots of big, steep hills where we ride and I don't want the bugger to flip back on me!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's sure it's a good idea to buy elka if you can put 2000$ on your bike.

For Tire, I prefere 22in front, 23 was to huge and I dont like the look it done!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I really like my 23" Rzr 2 fronts, but that is all I have had besides stock so I can't say if I like them better than 22s. With Elkas all the way around I would think you could make up for the 1/2" if you wanted to. If I had to ride the hills you guys have down there every weekend, I would lean toward the 22" fronts. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have never noticed 1/2inch to make any difference in hillclimbing. Its all pretty much personal preference. I like ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Plus I think the 23's look retarded on a 10" rim. To each his own though. I actually want mine to sit lower. Like 21" in front and 20" rear. If they made a 20" tire to fit the stock wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put the 22" kutters all the way around mine. Went riding with another member with stock tires. I sailed up hills with little effort as he struggled getting traction. Also during tight turns in the woods the 22" front would allow me to swing the back around alot easier than before. This coupled with my 11/16 sway bar has completely changed it for the better.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bro, I run Kenda Kutters on the rear and Run 22 XCF Kenda up front. The 22s give the quad a better ballanced look. The tyre also rides the bumps better than a 21". Never used a 23" so I can not comment on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
How large up front can you go, before they rub the nerf bars? Im still on factory tires. Will need new soon, and Im looking at the 22 kutters as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bro you will be fine with the Kutters, I have the Motactive nerfs, there huge and clearance is not a problem and I run 22 XCF up front..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those who have 23s prefer the term developmentally challenged.:lol:
Hey now, I run 23's......

I like em. But then again I've never ran 22's.

·
Registered
455 Posts
How large up front can you go, before they rub the nerf bars? Im still on factory tires. Will need new soon, and Im looking at the 22 kutters as well.

I have 23's and have about .5 to 1" of clearance at my nerfs. (or that's how it seems when I'm sitting on the quad.)

I've never actually looked or measured though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the input, guys. I went ahead and got the 22's. I figure that Honda had a reason to put the itty-bitty 21's on there, so a small step is probably better than a giant leap! But, I could be wrong... guess I will never know. Ignorance is bliss!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I ran 23 razr 2 and they would rub my AC Racing nerfs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts