Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon i will be purchasing new tires. Through my reading i have settled on the maxxis razer tire. I am not interested in replacing factory rims; so i will buy the 22x10x11 razers for the rear.

My real question is in regards to the front tires. I see that the 22x7x10's and the 23x7x10's are both 6ply (which is what i want). I have read how the majority of people purchase the 23x7x10. Has anyone experienced any detrimental effects with the 23x7x10's while hill climbing. I am in AL, so if im not riding at a ATV park, im riding in a Strip Pit with lots of steep hill climbs. Many times i have to push my 700 right to the edge of tipping to make it up the hills my friends and i climb. Even at the ATV parks that i have been to you have to do some pretty serious hill climbs to make it through the "Black Trails".

The engineers at Honda, designed and built the 700 with 21's on the front. I am afraid if i purchase and install the 23's, it will shift the balance of my machine ever so slightly enough that on the hills that i almost tipped on, i will now tip on.

Don't get me wrong, i don't only hill climb. i would like the fact that the 23's overcome obstacles easier.

If the 22's are the lesser of the two evils, i will purchase them.

I am in great need of multiple opinions on the matter above. Help me out people!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I just put the 23x7x10 razr2's on the front and 22x10x11 razr's on the rear and it made a world of defference on hill climbs!! Compared to stock, the 23's made it fill less "tipy" on the extremely steep stuff. I've only had 2 rides on the new tires, but some of the trails i couldn't make it up are now easy. I would deffently go with 23's

·
Registered
734 Posts
On a sport quad it's always better to have larger diameter tires up front than on the back, makes steering easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.