Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am looking at some Innova Mud Gear tires, i talked to a guy from OMF who said hed get me a 10 wide by 12 tall rim and i talked to our local mechanic and he told me dropping one tooth on the front to a 13t and going up one in the rear would basically gear it down a little bit from the stock version, but it will have good mud tires on. ordered a FMF 4.1 slip on and a pc3 usb, to kindof counter any power lost on the big tires.
My question to you all is,has anyone put 12'' rims on their xx yet? or has anyone put 25'' tires on it? what kindof clearance do tires that size have on the bike? the only place im worried about it being close is the heel holds behind the footpegs, are there any aftermarket ones that are farther from the tires and closer to the pegs? would it be advisable to take them off and just ride on pegs?

·
Registered
551 Posts
That would be extermely dangerous, wouldn't do that if i were u, just my opinion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they measure tires do they measure the tread too? or just the basic part of the tire? cus if they measure the tread i will be fine on clearance, but if they dont, it will be really tight, there is only maybe 2.5 inches of clearance between the stock tire(top of tread) and the heel guards, maybe 3 inches from the inside of the treads to the guards.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When they measure tires do they measure the tread too? or just the basic part of the tire? cus if they measure the tread i will be fine on clearance, but if they dont, it will be really tight, there is only maybe 2.5 inches of clearance between the stock tire(top of tread) and the heel guards, maybe 3 inches from the inside of the treads to the guards.
Depends on the tire. Some measure true, others are out of whack.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I´m getting MSA Nuke 12" rims for mine.. will make adapters for the odd boltpattern.
Im going for the swamplitetires in 25" and will do whatever mods that it takes :)
Didn´t wanna swap my quad for a 4x4 but still wants to ride more extreme in the forests.
I will post here after ivé got my parts!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If you're wanting a mud tire, look at the vampires from interco. They make a 22" tall tire for a 10" wheel. That you could do easily on our quads. I wouldn't do a 25" tire though. Not only would it be really tall, i think it'd look like hammered poo.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you're wanting a mud tire, look at the vampires from interco. They make a 22" tall tire for a 10" wheel. That you could do easily on our quads. I wouldn't do a 25" tire though. Not only would it be really tall, i think it'd look like hammered poo.:eek:hno:
The only vampire from interco I can see is

22x12.5x10...

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=29&g=3

Which one? These look bad @ss..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finally got my 25" Swamplite´s on 12" MSA Nuke on the bike. Works fantastic in the forests and thrue pretty deep mudholes. Didn´t rub anywhere at all...Haven´t jumped them big yet but looks like they have clearance for that too. My adapters build´s a little bit over one inch ( 3cm) and that was perfect for my aggressive forestriding to keep it stable enough with the larger tires. Will get pictures soon...It looks really good. My new boltpattern is 4x110 so i will get 10" rims with Maxxis RZR 2 for the quarry and motocrosstracks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts