Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirtwheels had a $400 Trail Tech 75watt LED kit on a Honda 400EX. Got me thinking about putting one on the 700. So at Walmart saw a pair of Off Road LED lights. Waterproof/ rugged ($18) then Lowes for a 10" steel bracket. Cut the bracket in half. Mounted to the shocks like the 400 picture and I'm hoping for the best! The light makes a difference, but I haven't ridden it to see how well it holds up. For $25 and some time, I have nothing to lose and $375 to gain.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
nice i would never pay 400 for them trail techs i saw that too ,good job on your deal and on a drunken night i sure would hate for it if i had those 400 trail techs would be destroyed id rather red neck it ,mount a 10million candlepower spot light to it butthe bulb prolly couldnt take too many jars and impacts,let us know how they hold up after you ride a few times.:atv::xx:

·
Registered
184 Posts
if I have the hid kit wired into the low beam could I wire these into the high beam and not have to add another switch??

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's pretty cool. How do you have them wired? Did you tap into the harness, or did you go to the battery?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Dirtwheels had a $400 Trail Tech 75watt LED kit on a Honda 400EX. Got me thinking about putting one on the 700. So at Walmart saw a pair of Off Road LED lights. Waterproof/ rugged ($18) then Lowes for a 10" steel bracket. Cut the bracket in half. Mounted to the shocks like the 400 picture and I'm hoping for the best! The light makes a difference, but I haven't ridden it to see how well it holds up. For $25 and some time, I have nothing to lose and $375 to gain.
yeah that all find and dandy but this cat hasnt been on here on almost a year and we never got a report on how it worked ? personally i think it wouldnt hold up to my riding style!:xx::xx:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys. I haven't been checking this site out.
The lights have held out. The are "cracked" but it's not from the outside. I think what happened is the bulb gets hot on the inside and when water/mud cooled down the glass/plastic it created the "crack" look.
I used them on our last trip to Hatfield McCoys and they were a great help. We rode at night and it gave me much more light for $25 bucks.
I've got them hooked up straight to the battery with a fuse in line.
So far there hasn't been a problem. Just remember to cut them off or you'd run the battery down.
I had thought about taken them off, but they still work. If one or both burn out or bust, I'd either take them off or get another set.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
appreciate the feedback for 25 dollar you cant go wrong!:xx::xx:

·
Registered
83 Posts
xtra lights

appreciate the feedback for 25 dollar you cant go wrong!:xx::xx:
how many amps will a 700xx take care of , if wired into the low or high beams ? that way it could be controlled w/ the stock light switch. what kind of bulbs to run this way ? just curious------bob:coffee:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts