Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 25" tire be too big for the XX?

....and discuss...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I wouldn't want to run a 25", It would be very hard to do controlled slides and all. The taller tire will give you more unwanted body roll from the soft sidewall srtructure. Last your gearing will be screwed

·
Registered
333 Posts
next time ur in the grocery store check out the neew dirt wheels... theres an article in there about puttin oversize tires on quads... and monster truck size suspension... i didnt even know ppl did that lol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just curious cause there are 25" tires - for 11" wheels!

·
Registered
108 Posts
i put some bridgestone dirt hooks in 24x9x11, they look tall. they feel tall. they chew like a mother* but you cant slide it. its awesome for climbing hills and amazing in mud, but i cant drift it around the track AT ALL. im gonna pick up a set of stock tires for the track and sand days, and kep the dirt hooks for mud, as swan hills has a ton of it. so im thinking replace with stock tires.. or wait til ITP 10" prices come down a bit. to get ordered to my local tire shop its $120 a piece for the rims

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pics?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I run the 24-9-11 Bearclaws and have no problem kicking them out sideways. They have a low profile tread and work awesome.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Go the Maxxis Zilla. The best all around tire that's light and runs smooth. Them Mud Bugs are rough as shit.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of tires are those in the picture? Are they on 11" rims? Those look pretty good to me!
They're the Interco S.S. TSL/ATV
http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=31&g=3

They're on a 10" wheel in that picture. There's another picture of his quad on this site somewhere but I can't find it. Wish I knew what wheel he put them on so I knew the offset. Maybe there is only one wheel - i'm not sure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There's big, and then there's the Night Crawler.

[youtube]6JoOOy2m3PA[/youtube]

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a question relating to tires but not necessarily 25" tires. I road my friends kfx450 today and noticed that when I did slow speed turns that the turning radius was considerbly smaller. What can I change on my 700xx that will have the greatest effect on the turning radius? Someone told me "tires" in one of the other forums, but it seems like maybe suspension or A arms would have a part in decreasing the turning radius. I do a lot of trail riding, so this is most important to me right now. Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Coming soon to an XX near you! (near as in at club700xx.com) lol

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=29&g=3 - I'll be doing a full write up. Hopefully I can get them while there is still some mud left. :D (don't think that will be a problem)

22x12.50x10 :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts