Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put 25" radial tires on their 700xx? and will they fit? and how does it ride with the 25" tires?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm kind'a interested in the possibilities as well.

MrQuick what size rims did you get for the 25s"?

I'm thinking that you'd have to go for 12" rims so you can take advantage of range of tire options out there. I'll have to look to see if there are 12" rims out there that have the right bolt pattern and rear wheel offset to maintain the ride width.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you have to go with 12" wheels and i found some that have the right offset bit i have to change my. bolt pattern to the 4x110 some how. I did find some 23" radial tires but they are 8ply and i think would be to heavy for the xx.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
MrQuick what size rims did you get for the 25s"?
The tires I got were 25x12.5x11's so they fit the oem rims.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes but they don't have radial tires for the stock rims in a tread pattern that i like, so that's why i was wanting to go with some 23 or 25" radial tires was to have better tire choices. as far as i know the radial dunlops that come on the 700xx stock are the only radial tires that I have found.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
hook up with highlifter out of louisianna an you can customize it for your 25 inch wheels

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought some 4/110 wheel adapters so I could run my Rincon's tires when I want to. If I run my Rincon'sw stock tires, which are 25" radial Ohtsu, now Dunlap, I have to take the heel guards off because they balloon at 80mph. But my 25" Bighorns will fit without taking the heel guards off. If anything, the stock heel guards can bend enough to make clearance.

My Stock Rincon tires

26" Mudlite XL's

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jbgill06 which wheel adapters did you buy? and what offset wheels are you running with the wheel adapters?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought some 4/110 wheel adapters so I could run my Rincon's tires when I want to. If I run my Rincon'sw stock tires, which are 25" radial Ohtsu, now Dunlap, I have to take the heel guards off because they balloon at 80mph. But my 25" Bighorns will fit without taking the heel guards off. If anything, the stock heel guards can bend enough to make clearance.
I see what you're saying about the heel guards!

Did you change your front sprocket to compensate for the larger rear diameter or do you think that's needed?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I tried with, and without. Definitely downsize the front sprocket to pull them better. The top speed remained the same, however. With stock gearing, I was stuck at 82mph without enough motor to pull the tall gearing. With the 13t sprocket, I ran my front 25" Bighorns, which are at little smaller than my rear stock radials, also heavier and do not balloon as much, and I revved out at 81mph. With a larger cam, I'm sure the results would have been better.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What were you planning to do for the fronts? Did you find 25x??x10's to fit?
Wasn't planing on to much, I bought those rears awhile back and have yet to mount them. and I already have a set of rims. I know if I go much bigger up front I'd need to remove my nerf's and that isn't happening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts