Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice yesterday while riding, when I would slow down, it would pre-detonate, basically back fire on me, haven't touch their presets and notice they're most of the time in the green zone. It's more noticeable in low gear and slow speed. Have the VALE exhaust with their ECM also the Uni filter with a twist throttle.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well when I was running both of those I would ease off on the throttle to kinda slow down and take off some rpms and it would fall flat on its face and then I would punch it and it would spit and sputter then backfire and work good until I would try it again. I tried everything then I got pissed and bought that PC3 and its been fine.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like what I might be doing next but waiting to hear some news towards the PC5 and Alba exhaust

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can you tell what are the settings you have, it might be that you are lean in the 1st pot, try richening 1st pot a couple of clicks.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's factory setup which is usually runs in the green mode which should be ok but I can try to adjust it this weekend if I ride.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah, try to set each pot how the optimizer instructions tell you for idle, mid and wide open throttle. Should make things better. Other than that make sure that the boots are ok and that there is no exhaust leak as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've had no problems like that with my 2bros and juice box, and I'm using the factory settings and UNI filter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
get a PCIII or V and you wont have any more problems. I finally got rid of the "junkbox" a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My HMF is great! Not a problem. turned the idle pot down a bit but all the others are factory settings, Helped the burp in the idle. Doesn't die anymore i love it.:yay: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts