Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered last week from my dyno guy, will be a hot rod crank. As soon as I get it this crank will be trued and welded. 2-4 weeks of delivery, but maybe longer I'm waiting for the confirmation. I know 08700xx was trying to get one don't know what happened

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
humm damn it, .I don't want to send my oem crank to be stroke.I ride almost everyday, this time of the year...And my small end rod wear is really at the limit.I guess if they have more demand they will move their a&%?#, the price is ridiculously low.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm still in spec range but at the very last, like .002 so at .045 piston to head clearance i'm playing with fire.I dont' over rev the for too much time, also my cam chain is to be change... Alba sell a hd kit.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Alba sell a hd kit.

Just called Alba yesterday to order one, no longer available. Their kits use the XR650R HRC parts, but Honda has discontinued most of the parts, so when current stock is gone, that is it. The lower sprocket is already sold out, so unless you can find a dealer with some in stock, you are out of luck. The guy at Alba did say they were trying to find someone who has some, he did take my number in case they get lucky, but he didn't sound to hopefull.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I talked to Hot Rods about a week ago and this is the 5th time hes pushed the date back on me for the stroker crank...He said they are thinking March now.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to Hot Rods about a week ago and this is the 5th time hes pushed the date back on me for the stroker crank...He said they are thinking March now.
Are they using oem core or brand new piece?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I got told by Luke at Hot Rods, they are expecting them to arrive on the 15th and ready on the shelf to go on the 19th .

Also an upgrade for the cam chain is one from a Yamaha WR400 ,I think. Theres a post about on here and it is a thicker chain.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I just talked to them on Thursday...I'll have to give them a call today so I can have a big bore stroker XX, I hope they are really going to have them.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I'll be calling tomorrow. I'll let everyone know if they have them.
The OEM replacements are on Ebay. Not seen the stroker yet and My buddy at ATVUnlimited hasn't heard anything yet either. Still early days.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I called today and they said they don't have a date for the +3 yet but were hoping for late December early January...sorry forgot to post earlier today.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wait, now I opened up my 450r for a +3 big bore and +3 crank, I got 11/2kont vacation so I got to found something to play with when not riding the xx ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts