Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start here is what I have done. A dynojet licensed tuner tuned my xx, he updated all software and set it up on my laptop, calibrated tps during this process. Checked springpressure on tb and it feels like stock. Checked cable, no hangups and moves freely. To blade out of tb and smoothed edges(was pertty smooth before). Put blade in tb and checked for any sticking, none. Held tb up to light, can barely see sunlight through a couple areas, and I mean barely. Idle screw is barely touching thottle, another 1/4 turn and it wont be.

Now here is theproblem that still exists. Startup rpm is fine, slowly give throttle until maybe 1/4 throttle and let off slowly, rpms hang up and slowly come down but stay above initial startup idle. While cruising, if you shift to 2nd while its hanging it will bring rpms down. Almost to point where all aftermarket parts I got will be sold and I will return to stock and leave it, had tb off 7 or so times today in the 101 deg heat. Getting prety frustrated.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It didn't do this at all before the TB? I'd be calling HDD then and asking WTF if that is the case. Do you still have the stock TB to just swap that out to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didn't do this before tb, I have beenpming him, he has been helpful, at least he has good customer service, that's nice.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Unplug the IAC before you crank it and see if it idles correct when it starts, This will just help narrow down what is causing problem. I had fits with mine doing the same thing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No codes. Its to hot today to mess around with it, heat index of 115.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
what was the problem, the IAC sticking?
To be honest, I'm really not sure. I ended up completely tearing down and cleaning the TB. Afterwards it worked fine. KDS had ported it, I won't go much into that...

Traitor, The IAC can be installed incorrectly. Pull it out and make sure it's set the correct way.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come to think about it, I had to open throttle some to get iac on. That might be my problem. Might need to turn iac a little instead of throttle. Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
To be honest, I'm really not sure. I ended up completely tearing down and cleaning the TB. Afterwards it worked fine. KDS had ported it, I won't go much into that...

Traitor, The IAC can be installed incorrectly. Pull it out and make sure it's set the correct way.
right, :thanks:
cant recall if that one was sent out bare or not... the IAC needs to index

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it figured out. It was a combination of 2 things. First was the iac, it screws in and out. It was screwed up to far and wasn't shutting off the bypass hole. Next was the throttle blade. Held it up to light and seen where blade was touching, smoothed them down and its all good now.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I got it figured out. It was a combination of 2 things. First was the iac, it screws in and out. It was screwed up to far and wasn't shutting off the bypass hole. Next was the throttle blade. Held it up to light and seen where blade was touching, smoothed them down and its all good now.
We both had almost similar problems, My throttle blade was out of round also.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
great to hear, ill have to take a closer look at the plate fitment prior to shipping

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
great to hear, ill have to take a closer look at the plate fitment prior to shipping
mine better be perfect! im shipping the core to you today.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before I saned some edges of the plate I could see daylight around 90% of it, I had idle screw completely out(it was literally in my hand). After I sanded and smoothed it dow which took a couple tries. Now I only see daylight on the sides, maybe 25%. it sealed enough it killed it when I started i

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
right, :thanks:
cant recall if that one was sent out bare or not... the IAC needs to index

Same here Daniel, had to index mine, by the way great service from you mister HDD for all parts & services and thanks again for your patience the paypal issue:thanks:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, I didn't have my laptop, will be doing this tomorrow. Wondering if iac might be hanging up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts