Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of 2 strokes, and mixed way to much fuel. I know not to let fuel sit to long, so wondering if this is okay to toss in 4 stroke or car? I know it may smoke some, but will or could it do any damage? IDT so but wanted to ask.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have a couple of 2 strokes, and mixed way to much fuel. I know not to let fuel sit to long, so wondering if this is okay to toss in 4 stroke or car? I know it may smoke some, but will or could it do any damage? IDT so but wanted to ask.
Don't do it!! Yes, it can do damage. It can damage injectors, plugs and probably other things as well. Plus besides the smoke, your 4 stroke or car will not run good and your fuel mileage will suffer. Use the fuel in a 2 stroke or toss it.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
M_Quick,
If you just got the fuel there is some value to put the required amount of Sta-Bil in the mixture. It will last quite a long time. I've had some fuel for four or five months without any problem.
Just a thought.
Sid

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Elmer,
Please let me know what Seafoam is. I've used Sta-Bil for so many years but I am open to new products that meet or exceed the Sta-Bil performance characteristics.
Thanks,
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M_Quick,
If you just got the fuel there is some value to put the required amount of Sta-Bil in the mixture. It will last quite a long time. I've had some fuel for four or five months without any problem.
Just a thought.
Sid
The fuel is from Easter weekend.

Elmer,
Please let me know what Seafoam is. I've used Sta-Bil for so many years but I am open to new products that meet or exceed the Sta-Bil performance characteristics.
Thanks,
Sid
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't do it!! Yes, it can do damage. It can damage injectors, plugs and probably other things as well. Plus besides the smoke, your 4 stroke or car will not run good and your fuel mileage will suffer. Use the fuel in a 2 stroke or toss it.

roadkill
Okay and thanks, I didn't think at 40to1 it would hurt, so glad I asked 1st. It's only like 3.5 gals. so I thought if tossed into a larger tank like my "32 gal. Suburban" and mixed with the correct fuel it would be okay, but if you say no I will toss it in a few months if they don't burn it up. Last time I took the 2 strokes down there the kids were going through fuel like crazy! Maybe the new plug's and air filters helped. They only really get to ride them when I take them to W.Va. and my 50cc 2 stroke is injected.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
lawn mower.... or generator....hell ive had to run a gas air compression off of straight Brake Parts Cleaner before..... gotta do what u gotta do sometimes....

Everyone seems to think Fuel is perfectly clean without oil.... a little bit of oil may help a bit

Marvel mystery oil? a lot of fuel addatives and simple oil based products with solvents added

·
Registered
671 Posts
so I thought if tossed into a larger tank like my "32 gal. Suburban" and mixed with the correct fuel it would be okay, but if you say no I will toss it in a few months if they don't burn it up.
MY 2003 Dodge Dakota has a 24 gallon tank and I have thrown a gallon or two of mixed two stroke fuel in it a couple of times over the years. (100 octane at 32:1) Have never seen any issues when doing it. Take the two stroke mix with me to the gas station when the truck is empty, pour in the mixed fuel, then fill the truck from the pump. Figure a full tank dilutes it down enough that there really isn't much oil in it. For sure wouldn't do it every week, but I figure once a year won't hurt. (I have probably only done it four times in teh 9 years I have owned my truck.) I would probably take the 3.5 gallons you have and split it up over two tanks, that way it is really diluted.

As a side, I have run a bunch of mixed two stroke in my four stroke lawnmower, don't dilute it or anything, just pour it right in. I figured I would smoke some but it doesn't, I can't notice any difference in the way it runs. It sure does smell good though while I mow the lawn!

Doug

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As a side, I have run a bunch of mixed two stroke in my four stroke lawnmower, don't dilute it or anything, just pour it right in. I figured I would smoke some but it doesn't, I can't notice any difference in the way it runs. It sure does smell good though while I mow the lawn!

Doug

LOl, and maybe even kill some mosquitoes while at it!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I used to put it in mowers and stuff all the time when I wouldn't use it for a while. But you could use seafoam as mentioned, or startron, or sta-bil marine treatment. Or make a bit of a bon fire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts