Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this is possible? Just a random thought. And Yes I know one is SRA and the other is IRS. lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Funny thing, I was just looking in the service manual last night and the rear spindles on the 700XX ride inside bearings in the rear knuckles. They are machined to fit inside the bearings, and i highly doubt the 450R spindles would work, as they wouldn't be machined for the bearings.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing, I was just looking in the service manual last night and the rear spindles on the 700XX ride inside bearings in the rear knuckles. They are machined to fit inside the bearings, and i highly doubt the 450R spindles would work, as they wouldn't be machined for the bearings.

But could they be machined to fit? I was just curious if the splines all match and they'll actually fit on . If that's the case, i'll my fab shop cut'm down!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder why Honda used the 144mm pattern instead of the 110. on the rear?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
just a quick thought but if you had 11" rims on 110 centers .The centers would have to be fairly thick because of the rim size and off set.
My question is and I also thought of this ,Who builds a 11" rim with 110 bolt holes and also who builds a rim that is 10" with the required offset.
:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts