Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any input anyone I have the xx and my friend is interested in a 450 he wants a straight axel bike he is not interested in the xx (clearly he is dumb) :yay:

What does it take to make a 450r faster than an xx?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nothing . When he gets his 450r he is gonna blow you away . lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nothing . When he gets his 450r he is gonna blow you away . lol
I dont believe that is true. On a track you will get destroyed but a drag race I think the XX wins and if it is a drag race that has a few ruts in the way then its not even close. I used to have a YFZ 450 and thought when I switched to the XX I was giving up some speed for comfort and clearance but I was wrong. I feel that the XX pulls harder than the 450 ever did. IMO

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont believe that is true. On a track you will get destroyed but a drag race I think the XX wins and if it is a drag race that has a few ruts in the way then its not even close. I used to have a YFZ 450 and thought when I switched to the XX I was giving up some speed for comfort and clearance but I was wrong. I feel that the XX pulls harder than the 450 ever did. IMO
Lol it was a joke:lmao:.
I agree with you but I'm not to sure that the xx wouldnt hang with a 450 even on the track with a good xx rider. I too had a yfz450 and I know for a fact that the xx has more pull all the way to topend. When my yfz was stock to me it seemed like a turd now the xx is different it has torque. You can have all the HP in the world but you need torque to go with it.:D
My yfz was stolen and I miss it because I had alotta money in it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I meant the XX would get destroyed on a track against the 450. Its good you were joking, I thought you were serious lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I meant the XX would get destroyed on a track against the 450. Its good you were joking, I thought you were serious lol
Lol I understood what you said:D. I'm sayin I think that an xx with a good rider would probby hang right with the 450's on a track. I could be wrong but all I no is that I can sling my xx around just as easy as I could my yfz . The IRS doesnt bother me one bit I just ride it like a dirtbike and I dont really see all the pushing the frontend does that everyone gripes about . I love my xx :yay:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have both a 450R and the XX. Granted, both of my 450Rs are built up pretty well, and the XX not so much, but IMO, he wont have to do much stock to stock for drag racing. The 450s are very fast machines as they are, about 38hP stock, and they are lighter and nimbler. I race the 450s on MX, and the XX in scrambles. I tried a 450 in a scramble, but seeing that it is not my main thing that I like to do, I use the XX for sheer comfort. Both of my 450s how they are set up blow away the xx up to about 60ish (I let my cousin drag me, and we swap back and forth machines, to make sure it is just not the driver), but after 60 my 450s are about topped out, 65 at the most, and the XX keeps going. I don't have a pro strip or anything, just fields, but with the weight of the XX it def hooks up better (plus I have RZR2s on the rear versus mx tires on the Rs which don't hook up well in grass). This is just my experience, I have no idea what they will do stock to stock, but all of mine have aftermarket stuff, and this is what Im basing this on. Also, the others are right about the pull, and the fact that is fuel injected is a huge bonus, pretty much 0 throttle response time, haha.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
When I had only the big3, It was close races with my neighbors 450r equipped with an hrc kit. I would take him everytime, Long stretches I would really burn em.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Did you try to race your neigbor when you were stock? Just curious as I waited till I had the big three and 13t before I did anything.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No, I had the big3 on it pretty quick.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have both a 450R and the XX. Granted, both of my 450Rs are built up pretty well, and the XX not so much, but IMO, he wont have to do much stock to stock for drag racing. The 450s are very fast machines as they are, about 38hP stock, and they are lighter and nimbler. I race the 450s on MX, and the XX in scrambles. I tried a 450 in a scramble, but seeing that it is not my main thing that I like to do, I use the XX for sheer comfort. Both of my 450s how they are set up blow away the xx up to about 60ish (I let my cousin drag me, and we swap back and forth machines, to make sure it is just not the driver), but after 60 my 450s are about topped out, 65 at the most, and the XX keeps going. I don't have a pro strip or anything, just fields, but with the weight of the XX it def hooks up better (plus I have RZR2s on the rear versus mx tires on the Rs which don't hook up well in grass). This is just my experience, I have no idea what they will do stock to stock, but all of mine have aftermarket stuff, and this is what Im basing this on. Also, the others are right about the pull, and the fact that is fuel injected is a huge bonus, pretty much 0 throttle response time, haha.
If you gear your xx to top out the same as your 450's I bet you will be surprized at the outcome. You can also gear the 450's to top out the same as the xx and I bet the xx will still get there faster.
But yeah I was comparing stock to stock verses the yfz I had. I know my xx has more pull and is faster on the topend then my yfz was forsure. I had put thousands in performance parts on my yfz and it didnt make it that much faster than it was stock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you gear your xx to top out the same as your 450's I bet you will be surprized at the outcome. You can also gear the 450's to top out the same as the xx and I bet the xx will still get there faster.
But yeah I was comparing stock to stock verses the yfz I had. I know my xx has more pull and is faster on the topend then my yfz was forsure. I had put thousands in performance parts on my yfz and it didnt make it that much faster than it was stock.

SORRY COULDNT EDIT OFF THIS SECOND POST .

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Apples and oranges. 450R was built for MX riding and the XX was built for trail riding. If you're talking just a drag race than you two will be close out of the box. The better rider will take the win.
That quote is getting old, One of the quads is faster than the other. Considering I would take a HRC kit 450r with my Big3 XX, I'd say the XX is faster.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
hey guys When my XX was stock I raced with my buddy and his 450r both 2008 on hardpacked dirt and I won the holeshot and then in 3-4 we were close and then at the top end I walked away from him. Now with the ehs-barker big three,14t and rear holeshot 20-11 x 10 he's not even close for the pull and then I wait for him and the top end is similar.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey guys When my XX was stock I raced with my buddy and his 450r both 2008 on hardpacked dirt and I won the holeshot and then in 3-4 we were close and then at the top end I walked away from him. Now with the ehs-barker big three,14t and rear holeshot 20-11 x 10 he's not even close for the pull and then I wait for him and the top end is similar.
Yeah but remember your runnin 20's so if you put your 22's back on then you would have him on topend as well.
My whole point was stock vrs stock and if they both had the same exact gearing to run the same top speed even though the xx is heavier. The xx is the clear winner it just has more power/torque reguardless of the weight so the stock xx can be geared to beat a stock 450 on bottom and top at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah but remember your runnin 20's so if you put your 22's back on then you would have him on topend as well.
My whole point was stock vrs stock and if they both had the same exact gearing to run the same top speed even though the xx is heavier. The xx is the clear winner it just has more power/torque reguardless of the weight so the stock xx can be geared to beat a stock 450 on bottom and top at the same time.
I agree with your conclusion, LOL. I was just stating the facts on my 3 personal machines, all of which are no where near stock, and all of which I do different things with. From a power standpoint, along w/ acceleration, I am very happy with the XX. I just know with how mine are set up, the 450s get up to speed faster is all, but then again they are set up for motos where you want to top out in 5th on the short straight aways, where as w/ the XX I don't want to top out too quickly on shot straight aways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts