Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i'd think it would take on heck of a clutch to keep it from slipping, it would have to be hydraulic i would think....

·
Registered
821 Posts
A lot of that depends on gearing, I guarantee it probably wouldn't be as tall as the xx. Or first will Will be lower. But it would definately be heavier duty then what's in ours. Maybe a good upgrade for our bikes for the high HP guys. That's if this ever happened. I think it would sell good because there are no manual clutch 4x's. I always wanted to do that to the first style wolverine, with warrior clutch or something.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you know if they have discountinued our XX's or just stopped making them for now? I can't imagine them discontinuing them due to the cost of engineering and tooling but stranger things have happend i guess

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot of that depends on gearing, I guarantee it probably wouldn't be as tall as the xx. Or first will Will be lower. But it would definately be heavier duty then what's in ours. Maybe a good upgrade for our bikes for the high HP guys. That's if this ever happened. I think it would sell good because there are no manual clutch 4x's. I always wanted to do that to the first style wolverine, with warrior clutch or something.
yeah that would be cool !! :)

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I've always said that someone should manufacture a true 4wd sport quad with a manual trans. Looks like it very well could be coming soon, finally.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Thats exactly what I was looking for when I bought my 700xx. Id like to have a 4x4 but I just dont like automatic transmissions. The XX was the closest thing to a 4x4 with a clutch that I could find.

I would seriously consider selling my XX to buy a 4x4 version

·
Registered
184 Posts
If they do bring it back out, and make it 4x4, they should make it at least a 900cc version, leave it single cylinder, that would be bad ass, i would have one the first year they came out, and still keep my XX and Reni.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
What makes everyone think that was for a 700? I mean, is it just speculation, or did I miss something?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looking at the pic it looks more like the Polaris 525 than it does the trx700xx

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The pic is just representing the parts involved, it's not meant to look like any specific model of ATV.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure how this patent would work to switch from AWD to 2WD if its chain driven.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not sure how this patent would work to switch from AWD to 2WD if its chain driven.
Chain drive don't matter. Can still shut off the front axles at the diff. The shaft drive 4x4's do the same thing. The front driveshaft still turns when it's in 4x4.

Honestly I haven't run across a situation where I would need 4x4. 4x4 would probaly just get me in trouble.

Might as well add power steering, a dc outlet, some racks, winch and a hitch.

IMO if you want a 4x4 trail quad just get a Renegade.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
not meaning to sound demeaning but you guys are aware that honda makes cars also right

Guess you didn't read it. This is for an ATV, not a car.

IMO if you want a 4x4 trail quad just get a Renegade.
Renegade is just like any other Ute more or less. It's still bulky, heavy, automatic, etc. It's sportier-looking than most Utes, true, and fast, but that's about it.

This is about having a true sport quad that acts like a sport quad and performs like a sport quad. No huge fenders, automatic trans, floorboards, etc. Think of it as having a trophy truck when all we've been offered is 4wd SUVs.

I don't think anyone is saying it should replace the XX, but it would be a great option and would fill a definite gap.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts