Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got done on the dyno and we were able to get 56 HP at the rear wheels and 38 pounds of torque this number is a little low because we used maxxis 22' tires. This is with the stock piston and pump gas just head work , throttle body and cam.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Still using the XR cam? what stage?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Details, Wayne, Details....Please!:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No we are using a Web cam the XR650 cam dose not work in the 700 it will work for a short time but after further testing we destroyed a top end when we opened it up we found that the decomp was opening the valve at the wrong time so we sent one up to Web cams and they made us one for the 700. It hit 88.7 MPH in the dirt and was hitting the Rev limiter so it needs a taller gear. As far as more info goes I can only say so much because I am developing thees kits for alba. But if you call up Matt @ Alba I sure he would fill you in. One thing I can say is that is the fastest quad that I have ever ridden.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
No we are using a Web cam the XR650 cam dose not work in the 700 it will work for a short time but after further testing we destroyed a top end when we opened it up we found that the decomp was opening the valve at the wrong time so we sent one up to Web cams and they made us one for the 700. It hit 88.7 MPH in the dirt and was hitting the Rev limiter so it needs a taller gear. As far as more info goes I can only say so much because I am developing thees kits for alba. But if you call up Matt @ Alba I sure he would fill you in. One thing I can say is that is the fastest quad that I have ever ridden.
One word, EPIC!:rock:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gonna have to get that taller gear and head up to El Mirage and run the "Flyin' Mile." I'd be interested in what the times would look like on the lake bed...

Rock on Wayne-O!!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

While having my cams made we had looked at the xr cams, What we found was most companies do not grind them on any particular center line causing the potential problems you guys ran across with the decomp.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
More than likely the same date I'll be getting mine. March 13th

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I spoke with Matt at Alba and he said he will email scuzz the dyno sheet tomorrow. The numbers they done were with a ported head and +1mm intake valve, ported TB and cam.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
From Matt:

Hello Gary,

I appreciate the inquiry. We have done significant amount of testing with good results.

We have spent numerous hours on the flow bench in the development of a good port configuration for that head. We have developed what I feel is an awesome all-around setup. We will have the head digitized in the near future so we will be able to CNC port the heads for the future. For now, we will port them by hand. We are also using +1mm intake valves, which are working well.

As it stands, CP is still working on the pistons. We received some prototypes for testing and have since made some changes to their design. We should have another batch of pistons in a few weeks. They will be standard bore @ 11:1 compression.

Web Cam has been assisting us with the development of a few cams which we have tested. We have had great results, however we soon realized that the design-limit of the stock rocker arms was compromised. We are having Web "hard-weld" some rockers for us. We are confident they will eliminate the issue with the rockers.

We tested using a Kibblewhite valve spring kit. Initial testing seemed positive, however 80+ miles into Matlock's testing session we encountered significant valve floating on the exhaust, causing a catastrophic engine failure, ultimately destroying the head! We are currently having a custom valve spring kit made with more nose pressure to prevent this from happening.

To sum up, we are still in the development phase, however I should have something ready to sell in about a month or so. Please be patient, because I am sure that when we are done we will have a great performing kit which will also be very reliable!

***I have attached a dyno chart to this e-mail which I would appreciate if you would show on your forum. PLEASE NOTE: the dyno chart shows a prototype configuration running with a ported head, cam, bored throttle body (which we will also be doing for $185.00) and 1mm larger intake valves. Once we are able to incorporate the piston into the kit we will generate more bottom and mid range with the increased compression!!!

I do not have the pricing figured out yet, however I will be glad to give a "group buy" discount once it is ready. We appreciate your help in getting the word out about what we are doing. All of your forum members are welcome to contact us for updates or information.

Also, To any of your members who live close to Glamis, we will be involved in an event out there on March 20, 21, & 22 called the Dune Tour. I will be there and will be happy to answer any questions about what we do.

Matt Fasig
Alba Action Sports
Performance Manager
Research & Development
(800) 487-3236 ext. 228

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes it's a dobeck

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
wow i wonder how many 700 motors ended in "catastrophic failure" for the race team lol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i heard that 88.7 was the speed-limmiter not the rev-limmiter.....how long did it take you to get to that speed

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Dude, you could propbably get a 100mph when you change out the gear and take off the sombrero (I imagine that creates a lot of drag) J/K LOL. Great work man. Low 90s maybe?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts