Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know how its sounds but, i am not a traitor, i have this friend ;) who needs a used 660 motor hes thinkin around $800 if anyone knows of one or could offer some advice i... i mean he would appreciate it. we have not had a chance to tear into it yet as it happened sat nite around midnight or so. but he lost 2nd and we are thinkin when he did it locked up and caused the timing chain to skip causing a valve failure the motor is getting tired anyway it a 02 i believe. been in need of rings for a short time and were mostly just hopin its a easy fix hence the timing chain theory.
please dont tell me to tell him to buy a xx not an option for him.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nah thx bmc5000 but i WANT a motor not to sell a bike

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah btw clean ur box please bo white

·
Registered
734 Posts
He should tear into the engine as if he wants the whole engine he would look into spending $1000-1500 but if it's just bottom end or top end then it is a lot less. Those are rock solid engines so he should just change what is busted and be good or years.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats the plan for today rappyfreak thanks for the info does the "theory" make sense to you or are we just grabbin at strings?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I recommend that he checks the exact year of the 660, he can do so by looking at the 10th digit on the VIN and looking in the table here:
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66074&highlight=vin+digit+year
If it's a 2001 then he will have tranny issues as some of the 01's had this problem from factory. If not an 01 then difficult to have screwed the tranny.
Also, here is a link with ATV manuals for download in PDF so you can download the 660 manual.
http://www.maxmekker.com/atv.asp
What are the symptoms on the rappy now?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we were snow ridin the other night round 12am and he shifted in to second it locked up and died so we tried again and same thing 2nd gear and it died. then it wouldnt start back up and we killed the battery so we neutraled it and i pulled him back in with my xx (haha) got in the shop got it runnin and it was knockin a valve hard. so killed it cussed and left for the night just dropped it off to have another buddy tear it apart. so we are waitin to hear his diagnosis wether we need parts or a motor or tranny or both.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RIP raptor its to bad the last movement u saw was the tail light on my xx muhwahhaa

·
Registered
115 Posts
we might have a motor here 686 big bore stock cam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts