Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I learned a valuble lesson on yesterday's ride. Don't go full bore up berms when you don't know whats on the other side. I was leading the way through some newly found trails and saw a cool berm to climb. It looked like it was just going to have a nice flat top. So I hit the gas and climbed the 15 foot berm. Next thing I know I am at the top and then there is no ground under me. I ended up running over a 2" pine tree and then landing in a buch of downed trees and branches. I was lucky since I didn't get hurt or hurt the machine. Also the guys behind me saw me disappear so they knew to stop. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It ended up being a great ride that day with a good lesson.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i've almost done that a time or two, now i know to make sure before i do stuff like that. i bet it hurt huh? lol good thing your ok though.....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I learned a long time ago, if you don't know the area and you're coming up a hill and don't see what's on the other side; slow down on top. Did the same thing as you did except the "gutter" stop the bike and I learned how to fly

·
Registered
788 Posts
That sounds like a close call. A couple feet over in each direction and it could have been a different story. Glad to see you are OK. Live and Learn. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like the thumbs up !!! Glad you didnt hurt yourself or the XX..Great pic too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts