Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that there are some artistic people here, as well as some talented photographers. Shonie777's painting thread reminded me of his photos and photos by mikemillertime, both of which I've always liked.

I thought I'd share a drawing I did, inspired by mikemillertime.

Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
That's BAD-ASS!!! Great work! Wow!

I used to draw quite a bit too. Another thing I haven't done in over 20 years. I loved to draw classic cars, hot rods, dragons, etc....I even designed a couple dragon tattoos for some friends of mine in auto/diesel tech school back in the 80's. It was awesome to see my work on someone. I sure wish I kept in contact with those guys, but they dropped out and I never heard from them again.

Keep up the great work! I'd like to see more if ya got some.

Shonie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words!
Art/Drawing has been good therapy for me this year. I'm thankful that I still remember how.

I've done a few other ATV related pieces (although they aren't Hondas...). I also do portraits, fantasy, sci-fi, etc...
I've designed a couple tattoos but, likewise, never got the opportunity to see the finished work.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am gunna have to apologise , as I thought it was a Photoshopped pic. Now I know it is a sketch, I am glad you posted. If you do more ,please post them.
Atv's , cars,sci fi and whatever . Please post and don't tell Jill about the tatoo's. " The Brit". :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries, Baxter. :) It's a compliment that you thought it was a photo. Thank you.
This was drawn freehand with a basic #2 pencil, and inspired by some of the excellent pictures I've seen on the site. The only part I did on the computer was the gradient fade for the background.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I find when I hit a creative block it sometimes helps to focus on the feeling I want to convey. There could be a few ways to represent opposites. Are you going for a yin yang, balance-of-opposites feel? Or a mischievous good-girl/bad-girl, tug-of-war feel? Or a transition/past-future, growth, new-beginnings feel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.