Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local truck and ATV mud bog last night. Just took the 700 because they don't allow 3-wheelers and I really didn't want to get spanked by an 800 on the Rincon in the 501-800 class. Only signed up for the open 2WD class. When it came time to run, I was the only 2WD that had signed up in the open class. Here is my no competition 1st place run. If I get this video editing thing figured out a little more I will put some other quads from the mud bog in this thread, if anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxQcMBCGrw

·
Registered
821 Posts
did they time you, kind of curious as to where your times would be compared to some of the 4x4's. Just curious. High wheel speed, lighter vs heavier, all wheels pulling. I would have like to see some other 2wd to see what would happen.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did they time you, kind of curious as to where your times would be compared to some of the 4x4's. Just curious. High wheel speed, lighter vs heavier, all wheels pulling. I would have like to see some other 2wd to see what would happen.
Yes, they timed us. I ran it in 32 seconds. That was better than about half the 4wds. The 800 4wds were doing it in 22-25 seconds. The pit had a hard bottom and was 12-18 inches deep. Heavier with skinny tires would have been the best set up. It really was more of a race than a bog. There were a few 2wds in the smaller classes that didn't make it through. There was a Grizzly and a 500 Scrambler that didn't like the water too much and drowned out. I didn't see anybody muddier than me though.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
sweet buddy. Reminds me of all the county fairs back home. Too bad I had to work this past weekend b/c we had the mud bogs and quad drags at the Broome County fair. Then the next one I will be in oregon for, so hopefully I can make it to the state fair atleast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts