Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy let me know if this ever happens to you. when i'm riding my 700xx sometimes it feels like it has a flat tire. but when i stop and check all the tires are fine and are aired up. so what make the 700xx feel this way sometimes.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What kind of terrain, what style of riding and any other way to describe the problem?

I've ridden on a flat tire and didn't even know it. lol

My buddy said my tire looked low and I needed to put air in it, I leaned over and looked, then looked at the other side and was like nah, it's fine....

Then later I saw it actually was flat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm just normally on a dirt road. and when I'm riding it feels like one of the rear wheels is trying to push the atv sideways or like the atv is pulling to one side or trying to sway side to side. It's just a really weird feeling and hard to describe.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What pressures are you running all the way around?

I run what the fender suggests. Like 6 in the front 5 in the rear or something like that.

I've never felt what you're describing.

If all the tires are aired up properly and are in good condition I'd start looking for bent stuff. Maybe a tire is loose?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok I will try running a little more toe in. but you know how it feels and pulls when a solid axle car breaks an axle my atv feels like that sometimes. and then it goes away so maybe I will look my 700xx over real good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
No, you don't want toe in. It's not like a car. You want a little toe out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Toe out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
dirt roads are crowned and get washboard. mine feels the same way. on pavement or grass it feeels fine. just go faster, if something falls off then you know what needs to be fixed

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Check your control arm bashing as well mine has been feeling like that some times and I noticed one of the upper bashing was worn out don't know if that is the cause but its earth looking at anyway

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found that my left rear tire only had like 6 psi of air in it so I aired it up ti 10 pis like the other on and it seems to be fine again. I will look at my control arm bushings though.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I found that my left rear tire only had like 6 psi of air in it so I aired it up ti 10 pis like the other on and it seems to be fine again. I will look at my control arm bushings though.
thanks for the help.
6 psi is all you are supposed to run in rear. If you run 10 psi it will ride really rough so maybe that was your problem. Try running 6 psi in both rear tires

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds good to me

dirt roads are crowned and get washboard. mine feels the same way. on pavement or grass it feeels fine. just go faster, if something falls off then you know what needs to be fixed
Easy diagnosis.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i have been riding my 700xx around for a little bit now and the 23x8-10's that i have on the back of my 700 don;t look like they will ever go as wide as the 22x8-10's that I have on the front. so this is where i need some advice from you guys on here should i leave the 22x8-10's on the front and then get two more 23" tires for the rear that would be 10" wide or should i just run 22" tires all the way around? or stay with the 23" tires that I have on the back now for a little while longer? your help means a lot to me thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would run 22" all the way around!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will the 23" tires that i have on the back of it now always make it feel like the suspension is way softer and tipsy? or will it go away after the tires have been ran on for a while?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Having bigger tires will make the ride softer but will be more tipsy. I would have to say that the longer you ride with the 23s the more you will get used to riding it, with out it feeling like its going to tip!! Its like me on my TRX when i let my friend use it he feels like he is going to roll it, and when i use his raptor i feel like im going to roll it. Its all about getting to know your machine, the loger you ride the more comfortable you become!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
okay maybe i will leave the 23x8-10's on the back and ride it with them a little bit longer and see if they will widen out a little bit more as i ride it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.