Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im in the market of a motor had the bike a little over a year n she took a shit on me in the top of 5gear.

·
Registered
528 Posts
define took a shit....i have some parts and i know of a few places where some parts are cheap, i may be able to fix what you have.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was in the top of 5th gear n a loud spring recoil type sound came from the bike n that was it

·
Registered
528 Posts
you either dropped a valve or slung the rod, does it turn over? how does it sound when its trying to start, does it run at all?

pm sent

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on tick n thats it..goes into gears but no neutral might have been my snow boots i dont no..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bro, if Simplyorange cant help ya there are two motors on ebay, one of them is brand new.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
on tick n thats it..goes into gears but no neutral might have been my snow boots i dont no..
You dropped a valve, Thats how mine sounded when It ate three of my valves. Interested in selling your blown motor?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it has a small hole in the block, gotta idea where to buy a block?? weather it whole ornot?

·
Registered
528 Posts
where is the hole, send a pic to my email....if it is anywhere above the bottom deck then it is fixable,if it is in the lower case you are better off scooping up a new engine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or send me ur other number an ill send them to the phone..

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well looks like im screwed unless theres an aftermarket war. company i can try scamming lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
i thin he needs both sides judging by the picture, it looks like the rod went through close to the spot where the cases come together and the cylider meet at the "t" spot, so it may need a cylinder,and both cases i believe.plus connecting rod, piston kit, and possibly cylinder head.but the only thing that coould cause the hole was a connecting rod because of the location.

edit: looked at some diagrams, it definitly went through both cases and the cylinder. i can get both cases for $595

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea the hole is at the very top on the bottom end..looks like im screwed either way.. this motor is cost almost the cost of the bike

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
service hondas price is 296 and some change for each side.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea im waaitin to see what i get from my taxes, i gotta put half away for the up coming baby...they mayb the rest will be enough to get me back on it

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
if you part it shotgun the radiator!!!!!!! free bump

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i managed to scam a 2 year manu. waranty from cycleworld so back to stock i go n ima drop her off

1 - 20 of 22 Posts