Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a 2009 700 xx. I have a kfx 700 right now and have owned several brute forces before that. I rode an XX today (first time i ever rode one), it felt pretty fast "all stock except for sway bar and kutter rear tires". I don't know much about these bikes. It felt very high geared to me. How much does the EHS big 3 help? Any other suggestions or comments? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

Big 3 helps a lot, but even with the big 3 I like the smaller front 13t sprocket. IMO Honda should of shipped the Trx700 with a 13 tooth front sprocket.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, what is the best exhaust for these bikes? The Barker looks good, I want one that is not loud. So the big 3 helps mainly with acceleration? More torque and hp? This bike has the smaller l8ton swaybar, i guess that is ok. Did you lose any top end speed with the 13t?

·
Registered
151 Posts
You will lose a bit of top end with the 13th sprocket but these bikes with the stock 14th sprocket run 86mph so a couple miles an hour slower is not a big loss.

The barker exhaust is available with a quite core that is 96db.

I am hoping to get the big 3 from EHS soon so I cant answer how well it helps yet but from everything I have read it helps across the board in power & acceleration as well as helps with allowing the engine to run a bit richer as they run a bit lean from the factory. The EHS setup is also been dyno tunned to work together so you will get the best power from the setup. Otherwise if you use another combination you will need to have your bike dyno tuned with a good programmer to run correctly.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Thanks man, what is the best exhaust for these bikes? The Barker looks good, I want one that is not loud. So the big 3 helps mainly with acceleration? More torque and hp? This bike has the smaller l8ton swaybar, i guess that is ok. Did you lose any top end speed with the 13t?

Best exhaust is a matter of opinion! Research it a lot before you buy, so you know you will be happy with what you get. So you don't waste money buying something else later. Most big3 setups will gain you 10% hp, factory bikes are aprox. 39 to low 40's, And most show around 44hp after big3. If you like the Barkers exhaust EHS is a sponsor here and has nothing but great customer service reviews! If you go another route like Sparks, DMC, HMF, FMF, Big Gun, Motoworks or what ever, there are maps available for your tuner.

Personally I'm happy with my HMF performance series. And I like there Competition series with the 3 stages of power/sound. But sound was not a issue for me, so I just went with the Black performance series. If money wasn't a issue I would of went with the Spark's and got the can and header pipe powder coated black. I'm sure that would of looked and sounded bad ass!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
As far as the 13t I'd say a lot depends on type of riding you do. The trx wont hold its own idle untill you either go big 3 or 13t sprocket. If you race flat ground or run a lot of sand dunes stay 14t, but for climbing or slow tight technical trails the 13t is the only way to go, imo. And I've hit 83.6 with mine, but that was on a good down hill run, with probably a good tail wind as well. I notice no loss on top end speed, in fact the 13t helps you get to top speed much faster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The big 3 package really helped my power. I run a 15t at the drag strip and my 14t in the trails, I'm gonna try the 13t for trails. The barker exhaust is loud without core

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, thanks for the input guys. I am probably going to buy it, but he still owes $ on it so we just have to find out the safest way of doing to transaction. I hear alot of different top speed claims. I heard 67 mph, 75 from dirtwheels magizine and over 80 up to 86 on here. What is realistic top speed on an all stock xx?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
easy upper 70's with no mods! like 78plus ez...if some 1 is only getting 67 miles per hour top speed there in deep sand or mud. idk about 86mph thou, but I've yet to hear my rev limiter in 5th gear and I weigh like 240lbs or so with gear which dosen't help top speed.

And safest way to buy if he owes, imo is to go to place he owes. And rewrite loan or payoff and they issue title to you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I raced a Polaris 850xp sportsman which has a speedometer on it and we were doing 86mph and I am on a stock 700xx.
He wond up toping out at 95mph going down hill.
In a flat race I was able to beat him though by a couple quad lengths.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I raced a Polaris 850xp sportsman which has a speedometer on it and we were doing 86mph and I am on a stock 700xx.
He wond up toping out at 95mph going down hill.
In a flat race I was able to beat him though by a couple quad lengths.
Really? I say buy a cheap gps, put it in your pocket try it again and check top speed. I have a garmin and have checked its speed in 3 different cars, and it's spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jOz_oOy9EM

This guy says at 105 km it's scary and starts to run out of power at 90 km, fyi 105 km is about 65mph

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for...iew-2012-polaris-sportsman-xp-850-ho-eps.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, his speedo is wrong. 95, don't think so. I thought the xx would have more top end than a po-po 850!
M quick, he has it financed thru Honda so i will see what we can do. thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yeah, his speedo is wrong. 95, don't think so. I thought the xx would have more top end than a po-po 850!
M quick, he has it financed thru Honda so i will see what we can do. thanks
Cool, just be carefull and try and get something notarized by the finance people too, just in case.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had clocked my 400ex next to a car on a flat road and I was able to get 63mph. My 700xx in 3rd gear is as fast as my 400ex is on flat ground. I pulled a wheelie and drove away from my 400ex no problem and I am sure I had to be topping out at well over 75mph due to the distance I gained on the 400ex. So I am pretty sure that when I raced the Polaris 850XP sportsman my speed at 86 was correct. And like I said I was able to beat him on flat ground, but going down hill he is carrying way more weight allowing him to pull more speed. I will try to run my 700xx next to a car with accurate speedo and see what we get but it will probably be a couple weeks before I will be in an area with a flat dirt road I can run against a car. The sportsman 850XP is 77hp and has the highest available hp of any stock quad except the can-am 1000 at 82hp. That is alot more horsepower than any of our 700xx's even with work done to them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most everyone is stating high 70's to low 80's. I am about to go pick mine up. And i have the BIG 3 coming today also. OH YEAH! I have a KFX 700 also and i have to decide which one i want to keep.:confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts