Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a 700xx (upgrade from the raptor 700) i was just curious on mods i want to to a k & n but do i need a fuel commander with it run to lead and eventually i want to get an exhaust is a fuel commander hard to use? with all the mapping and stuff it looks soooooo confusing?:confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts
best thing to do is the ehs big3 go to ehsracing.com and you can see the pakage deal it puts out awsome power!!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Sparks also makes a package that is very nice as well and they give you a map if you plan o go with the power commander

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you are only doing the filter right now I would just get a uni. That way you don't have to worry about a programmer right now plus in my opinion its better in dusty conditions.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1st Welcome to club. I too would go with the uni filter, and next for less money get a 13t front sprocket. Then If you still have funds, I'd look at the L8ton sway bar, for $220.00 After this is all done I'd look into Tires, programmer and then full exhaust. And if you want more after this you have to dig deeper into pockets, cam, head work, piston. And then your about done, beside of coarse adding all the custom stuff along the way like skid plates, nerf's, handlebars, grips, hand guards, the list goes on and on...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everybody for the input and M Quick with the uni will i need a commander or is the same air flow just a better quality filter? i was looking at the l8ton sway bar and tires i was thinking maxis razrs 22-10-11 for the rears and maxxis razr 2s size 23-7-10 would that work and fit in the back making them an inch wider? and in the sway bar is it hard to install and 9/16 v 11/16 which one do you have and which one is better i ride rough rock trails and like to jump. One more question when i ride the fan never seems to come on i checked the fuse and they are all good idk why its not kicking on?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have the Razr2 fronts in 23-7-10 and personally I would go with the 22-7-10. I have found that I dont like that much extra height on the front and a few guys from the club that I ride with have the 22" ones and I like it better. Just my 2 cents and the L8ton swaybar was my favorite mod to date!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
11/16 I am able to slide around sooo easy now and the IRS still works perfectly in the rough and rocky stuff!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ive never had the feeling that the 11/16 was too stiff but that's just me. I ride all terrain types and I have been happy as can be with it. Installation is as simple as can be. Maybe 15 minutes tops to install! This is a product I fully believe in and made me love my XX more than ever and Kyle goes out of his way to make everything perfect!

·
Registered
231 Posts
thanks everybody for the input and M Quick with the uni will i need a commander or is the same air flow just a better quality filter?

It has better air flow but you still will not need a programmer. I have one in mine without a programmer and it runs great. If you do anything beyond a filter(motor wise) you will probably need a programmer. As stated before, I would do the 13t front sprocket. You will see a big difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks buckeyexx wont the 13 bring down the top end i know it will give you better bottom end but right now i like it, i just ordered a uni next is tires. but whats the best tire?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
yes the 13 tooth will get you through the gears faster, but it will drop your top end a pretty good amount. I personally hated the 13 tooth when I had it on mine, but a lot of guys that do technical trails love it. I haven't had any issues with mine stalling from the 14 tooth in the technical stuff, you just have to be a little more attentive of the clutch and I suppose your hand could get tired from it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
ok thanks buckeyexx wont the 13 bring down the top end i know it will give you better bottom end but right now i like it, i just ordered a uni next is tires. but whats the best tire?

I hit over 83mph with a 13t on the blacktop! So if you ride technical or climb any the 13t is the way to go, unless you like riding the clutch. Some say with adding the "big 3" a 13t is not necessary, I tried my 14t afterwards and hated it but I ride the mountains in W. Va. So it depends on where you ride. My stock 700 would not hold its own idle with the 14t.

I also have the 11/16's L8ton bar, and love it! And you don't need a programmer if just adding the uni filter, but you and your 700 would benefit from it! I added my Power commander 5, and rode one time before adding the exhaust, and bike was so much more responsive. And 23" front tires will rub factory nerf bars, and some other brands. Razr and razr 2 combo would be sweet, alot use the kutters on the rear and some for fronts to. And there is a gbx brand out there that is a Razr knock off for a lot better price.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the information M Quick yea im going to do 22 all the way around and order the sway bar and ill throw on the 13t if i dont like it it can always be taken off. Whats the best exhaust for the xx i dont want it to be too loud just enough

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Barkers or the Sparks are the best but both are loud.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Motoworks is a quality exhaust that isn't too loud and it's priced right

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Thanks for all the information M Quick yea im going to do 22 all the way around and order the sway bar and ill throw on the 13t if i dont like it it can always be taken off. Whats the best exhaust for the xx i dont want it to be too loud just enough
Good call on the 22's, imo. As far as exhaust the best gain's are probably from the Sparks and Barkers, like other's mentioned. I went with the HMF and got the full system for $390 shipped! Hmf makes a competition series exhaust, a few more dollars than the performance series I have. But it comes with 3 different stages, full power and loud, down to as quite as stock, and then the stage 2 is somewhere in between. It's a sweet setup if you ask me. And Can probably haggle out a deal around $440 on ebay. What ever you go with make sure you get what you will be happy with, so you don't have to buy again down the road.

http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/honda/trx-700xx-08-10

1 - 20 of 22 Posts