Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I Am In The Market For A New Atv. I Want Either A 700xx Or 450r. I Seen Them Both And Rode The 450r, I Was Woundering Which One Is The Best For Trail Riding? I Ride Trails Only Rock, Mud And Big Hills. I Just Have Concernes About The Irs Holding Up Over The Years. And Also Do The 700xx Really Feel Like A 700xx Sport Quad? Is It Real Torqe? Thanks For The Time

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I would definitely go with the XX, I rode the trails with a 400ex last year. The SRA(solid rear axle) quads are great but when trail riding you want ground clearence and torque. The XX is just as fast as a 450R, has a rediculous top end for fast trails, and crazy ground clearence when hopping rocks, stumps or mud pits. I don't ride MX so I wont buy a MX quad which is what the 450R was built for. The 700XX was straight up built to own the trails. Look at this videos on youtube.com, you'll see what the XX is like on trails and through mud. This quad does things that a SRA quad will envy! Here is a link to my page on youtube. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/fastfirstgen

·
Registered
984 Posts
The 700XX is hands down the best trail machine I've ridden. The durabilty of the IRS isn't even a concern, it's one tough machine. The power is plenty and if you follow the pattern of upgrades discussed on this forum..ie 13 tooth front sprocket, Big 3, tires (Maxxis) it becomes an even better quad. Remember one thing its not like riding an SRA quad, you will needto adjust your riding style a bit, but once your familiar with it's handling you WILL find yourself pushing your limits even more, simply put this machine will devour anything you throw at it!

·
Banned
711 Posts
speeking of trail riding, let me tell ya a little story........

me and my friend went out ( the one with the ltr 450 ) and i wanted to take him on new trails i found/made.... their is a section of the trail where you have to go down hill acrost rocks about ( if they where squair ) 15" x 15" well i love these rocks my fav part of the trail.... ya we had to pick his quad up and walk it acrost all of the rocks....

you would have to do the same if you got the 450r

·
Registered
984 Posts
:yay:Congratulations! I too enjoy mine more and more each time I ride it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
KOAS RACING sounds COOL!!!!!!!! I'd go with that Baxter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts