Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true right frome the factory the 700 only makes 75 percent power untilll a couple hours of riding????i read that some where and didnt know if it was true?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Not that I know of... However, you should do a proper break in of the motor before you go WOT... This is a must for all new machines, not just our 700xx.

roadkill

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What would proper break in be? Or do you just mean after the 1st 20 hour service? I shouldn't be asking, I don't think I've been WOT but like once for a split second so far, but just wondering.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cook yea im gona do a good break in ill go easy the first 2 tanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
My motor builder tells me to break it in like you are going to run it. Sooooo wide open.. I have never had a motor go out prematurely, and have raced for 15 years.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My motor builder tells me to break it in like you are going to run it. Sooooo wide open.. I have never had a motor go out prematurely, and have raced for 15 years.

I did the same, road the hell out of it for break in. The only thing I suggest is to not hold it at a steady RPM for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You want to break in a new motor the way it will be ridden. Give it hell! It will help the piston rings seat properly to the cylinder. Work through all the rpms, put it under load by down shifting to slow down, and try not to keep it at a steady rpm. This is what i've heard works best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Break it in hard and it will be fast. Seen it over and over. Easy break in's and the motors aren't as quick/fast. Don't overhead the engine mind you......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts