Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wow! That's a big rack. Be nice for hunting!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Wow! That's a big rack. Be nice for hunting!
My concern with a rack that big and, if you notice, high as well, would be in upsetting the weight balance of the quad. I think we need to remember that the 700xx is not a UTV and adding a big rack to the back only gives us temptation to put everything back there... keg of beer? Why not, we have room. Tempting us to use the added room on a large rack would also be tempting us to add weight to an already heavy quad... in a bad position. JMO

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
You cant really put a lot of stuff there so no problem on the balance. I used to have one on my raptor 660 and did not even feel it except when I was going downhill with my butt all the way back and a bump would make the rack hit my arse... not nice!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i was looking for maybe a small bag that would strap down to the stock grab bar, enough to hold like a tow strap, jumper cables, misc. tools, and chocolate milk.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
They have one on the XR'sonly site

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
adding a big rack to the back only gives us temptation to put everything back there... keg of beer? Why not, we have room.
i hated the look of this rack but now im going to buy one you think there is room for the co2 tank as well??

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
i hated the look of this rack but now im going to buy one you think there is room for the co2 tank as well??
Hell yes, but I'd sling it across the front of the quad to help with the upset balance.

That's kind of what I meant... upsetting the balance front to back. I'd give new meaning to shifting your weight.

roadkill

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Is the link on the first page correct? How will anyone mount that huge rack on the XX? There is no bottom to it either, Everything will just slide down the fenders to the ground.

MNRidinDirty, Are you saying you like the PRM or the one in the link on the first page?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the one on the first page because it wraps in a bit for possible grabs for my son, and I will be mounting a gas can and maybe a small bag, no need for a bottom (if so, I work in a machine shop, I can make one from perforated stainless sheet steel)

I do like the PRM one for the size and the fact that it still has the lower grab bar, but I think for what i want it for, the first page V-shaped one will work better.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'd like to see one installed with a nice fit & finish. Not saying it can't be done but it would seem to me a bit unsuitable for the XX. Don't take what I say personal, We all have different needs and I'm not looking to discourage you.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have their 6 pak grab bar and it does extend out but still like it, it's a great plastic saver if you ever roll, done it and tested good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd like to see one installed with a nice fit & finish. Not saying it can't be done but it would seem to me a bit unsuitable for the XX. Don't take what I say personal, We all have different needs and I'm not looking to discourage you.
No worries. I am already set to try it out. If push comes to shove and I don't (or my gf doesn't) like the way it comes out, I will fab one at work to be just a backrest. I need to find a way to keep my son secure on the back with her. She didn't want a 2-up ute so I have to get creative...

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am going to add a rack like this for a small tank of gas for my gas-aholic YZ and for a small padded (and completely removable) backrest to help keep my 6-year old son on the bike with my GF when we go for family rides. I like this one better than the PRM one:

http://www.jokersracing.com/content...12305/honda_trx_700xx_cargo_rack_prm_atv.html
That is a PRM rack.

I bought one for my Outlaw, it broke like 4th ride, had it welded and beefed up. couple more rides it broke again. More welding and I added some support rods to the frame and all was good. When I bought my XX I had my welder buddy mod it to fit the Honda. Hasn't broke yet.

The one that they sell for the Honda is the same rack just a little different mounting.

So all I am saying is if your going to count on that rack to keep your son on I would watch it very closely.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Do you have a picture of installed Skier?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts