Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am going to add a rack like this for a small tank of gas for my gas-aholic YZ and for a small padded (and completely removable) backrest to help keep my 6-year old son on the bike with my GF when we go for family rides. I like this one better than the PRM one:

http://www.jokersracing.com/content...12305/honda_trx_700xx_cargo_rack_prm_atv.html
That is a PRM rack.

I bought one for my Outlaw, it broke like 4th ride, had it welded and beefed up. couple more rides it broke again. More welding and I added some support rods to the frame and all was good. When I bought my XX I had my welder buddy mod it to fit the Honda. Hasn't broke yet.

The one that they sell for the Honda is the same rack just a little different mounting.

So all I am saying is if your going to count on that rack to keep your son on I would watch it very closely.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Do you have a picture of installed Skier?
I will get some posted up over the weekend. I have some pic's but don't show the rack. I need to wash it too...:nuts:

Ok here are a few pic's of the rack. Started life out as a PRM rack. The clamps on the frame are stainless marine rail clamps. The support rods are micro midget race car tie rods. The black boxes are watertight gear boxes I got from a camera shop, I had to heat them up and distort them to get them to fit they are bolted on.

P.S. that Yoshi is for sale.....

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
There was another thread in here that some one posed pics of their quad that had a 6 pack rack on it. It was powder coated in black and looked really clean. It's made by AC racing and when I decide to get one this will be the one I think. The brackets they use to pick up the fender supports look really beefy from what I remember which makes me think they thought the entire thing through.

http://acracing.com/product-list/honda-atv-90/700xx-386/
I looked I don't see any fender brackets, it don't really look as tough as the PRM unit. Their claim of up to 10 hp for their slip on exhaust seems a bit bold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.