Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my friends new Polaris 850XP sportsman this weekend and I have to tell you these things are fast. My 700xx is stock vs his completely stock 850 it was a very even race but I seamed to pull a couple quad lengths in the end to beat him. For an 800lb 4x4 utility quad I was truly amazed at how fast it is. Polaris says that the 850xp has 77hp. Now Polaris is releasing a Scrambler 850. I don't think I would want to race one of these.

·
Registered
42 Posts
These big bore utes are possibly the reason why sport quads are becoming more rare. They're do-it-all units that ride like Caddys, have power steering and can beat a sport. And sell for a good profit margin as well I'm sure!

·
Registered
821 Posts
And are ugly, handle like shit, and weigh more than some small cars. Rather have a sxs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That Renegade is pretty sharp looking, hauls ass and handles really well. She's heavy, but a really nice quad no matter how you cut it.

And my Muzzy Brute 665 SRA is an animal. I love my 700xx and am glad Honda took the chance to make it. But like it or not, big bore utes and UTV's look to be the future.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
The Renegades cost as much as a Razr! My friend has the 1000 X xc, cost 3 times as much as what I paid for the Trx! And I hear all the Can-Am guys are smack talking the new Scrambler. If you ask me they just mad cause Polaris put something out with almost the same HP for under 10k!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
As far as appearance would have you believe, the Scrambler is the same identical machine as the Sportsman XP. All the specs that are currently out are identical. They didn't even bother splitting up the brake levers. We'll see, but on paper, it doesn't seem like much of a sport machine to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
As far as appearance would have you believe, the Scrambler is the same identical machine as the Sportsman XP. All the specs that are currently out are identical. They didn't even bother splitting up the brake levers. We'll see, but on paper, it doesn't seem like much of a sport machine to me.
I'm thinking you meant to say beside's appearance there the same. And the 4x4 Scrambler never really was a sport quad, imo. It's more of a cross over version. And imo anything automatic isn't very sporty, lol.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Yeah, sorry--besides plastic, they're the same. At least the old Scrambler was significantly lighter than this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Renegades cost as much as a Razr! My friend has the 1000 X xc, cost 3 times as much as what I paid for the Trx! And I hear all the Can-Am guys are smack talking the new Scrambler. If you ask me they just mad cause Polaris put something out with almost the same HP for under 10k!
blah blah blah there isnt anything that comes close to the can am renegade you know that lol

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
blah blah blah there isnt anything that comes close to the can am renegade you know that lol
lol I'd rather be on the Polaris with the extra 5k in my pocket and, only be beat maybe by a quad length. And in the woods your can-am falls way behind the Trx nuff said...

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.