Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 700xx stock,i just put a 13T spocket.Sunday I tried to drad my cousin banshee and after 200 feet he was always the first.With my raptor 08 with the big 3 i was alway 3 quad in the front.IS the xx less powerfull???:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, you are comparing a 700r with the big three (~10 HP increase) to a stock XX...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I ran against a 700r and the result was not pretty. I won 4 out of 5 races. Now against a modded Banshee, the results were not pretty either. He b!tch slapped me from one end to the other. Also you cannot race a 700xx the same way you would a 700r. They each have different characteristics and deliver power differently.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So i have no choice, I need the big 3 . Hope to beat him next time. thank's
is his banshee stock or modded? cause i think most other quads have a hard time even with a stock banshee... u start racin against modded banshees... it could be a lost cause for any quad.

ive bumped into several guys at the dunes in OR and they got turbos and nitrous and all kinds of crazy crap on them things.... good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As a former Banshee owner, I can attest to their speed with just minor modifications. Mine had pipes, Noss cool Head, bored carbs, and Pyramid reed valves--it would straight haul. The problem was that I had to constantly work on it to keep it running. Banshees are not a hop on and ride quad, they take a huge amount of maintenance to keep them running properly. However, that's not the fastest ATV I have owned. My 1985 ATC250R was used a a flat track racer and actually had an HRC flat Track chassis kit and Paul Turner national kit. That is hands down the fastest ATV I have ever owned and would probably make my 700xx look like a Yamaha Blaster in a drag race.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
So i have no choice, I need the big 3 . Hope to beat him next time. thank's
Forget the drag racing. Take him down a trail with you, then go back and help him collect the parts that are left of his Banshee!

·
Registered
421 Posts
IS the xx less powerfll???:confused:
To answer this question. The XX has about 52.9 hp and the raptor is around 46 hp. So, XX has more power. Of course, the rappy is lighter in weight, but when it comes down to it power to weight ratio is about the same, so it makes them pretty equal stock.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Not to question you but where is the dynosheet comparing both stock? I'd really like to see this (same dyno same day both stock). That would be a great comparison.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yup scuzz, havent seen one yet, would like to see ir for educational purposes (LOL)

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yup scuzz, havent seen one yet, would like to see ir for educational purposes (LOL)

Here you go!

08 250ex: 16.8hp
08 300ex: 22.1hp
08 400ex: 34.2hp
08 450r: 42.6hp
08 700XX: 53hp
08 KFX450r:42.1
08 KFX700:48.8
08 Z400: 36.6hp
08 Ltr450: 41.6hp
08 Raptor 250: 18.8
08 YFZ450: 38.6hp
08 Raptor700r: 46.9hp

Remarkably, it is making at least 10.4 more hp than any 450 and 7.1 more hp than than Raptor 700r while a modest 4.5hp more than the automatic KFX700 with the mighty V-Twin.

The numbers of from the California Environmental Protection Agency.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cer ... 8/2008.php

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
253 Posts
I didn't think there would be that big of a difference between the 450r and the YFZ450.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=658
So only 3 hp gained with porting, throttle body and cam? a lot of money for 3 hp, hopefully with this done and big 3 (full exhaust) this will be a lot more?
The numbers above posted by Scuzz is crank HP. The dyno chart gives rear wheel hp (rwhp). Stock = 42.whatever hp at the rear wheels and the other curve I'm guessing is the porting, throttle body, and cam only, not the big 3, so this means there is about a 13 hp gain.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts