Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I raced a friend with a built raptor 700 big bore, cam, and tuned

I knew out the gate I wasn't going to win but I was going to make him earn it lol

Oh by the way my 700xx is stock except uni filter,13T sprocket, and razr tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwi2vGu2LUw

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wasn't expecting it to be that close. Nice :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Wow, you did really well! My friends raptor has 15t sprocket, barker duals, power programmer III, high comp piston, stage 2 hot cam and intake. He still has me by 2-3 from a roll even with my big 3 installed. I should race him from a stand still. I have way better traction, before my big 3 install I would take him out of the hole and he'd have to play catch up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wonder what cam he is running....a flat one maybe...something ain't right.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I wonder what cam he is running....a flat one maybe...something ain't right.
traction is big on this race just look at how the rappy spinse

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Traction was the main reason he wasn't three or four lengths on me but all in all I was really surprised how well the xx did I have a vid from my go pro as well it has two other races on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tls7ajh1gU

·
Registered
330 Posts
lol rappy come on sometimes we are gonna win!!!! and im sure there is something not right hello the guy is on a raptor LOL...

Yes the raptor couldn't get traction hmmm is this a common problem of raptors?

Straight axle is better at somethings I COMPLETELY GIVE YOU THAT, donuts and sliding around corners. and gets more power to rear tires i have read and believe to be true. but there are benefits to IRS better cornering as does the corvette and better traction as this video shows and a very comfy ride and HELLO MONSTER GROUND CLEARANCE I feel like im riding in BIGFOOT the truck not the ape sometimes LOL

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Even cars with IRS eventually go to solid rear in drag racing. Road courses are were the cars with IRS shine. Its all in what you like to do on your quad.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
veloci.. it may be a solid rear end but one side can still move up and only change the angle on the other side....u ever seen them rock crawlers

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes the raptor couldn't get traction hmmm is this a common problem of raptors?
Not mine....it must have been ridder error....rookie. I just think he forgot to remove his throttle stop screw.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
also a drag stip is flat and paved.. irs would just add weight to a drag car...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Not mine....it must have been ridder error....rookie. I just think he forgot to remove his throttle stop screw.
u can see how much hes spinnin just look at the rost

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
So Bo, what does an 80hp trail raptor cost these days, minus the price of the quad? I have no concept of these things...but I know I like them and want one!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I raced a friend with a built raptor 700 big bore, cam, and tuned

I knew out the gate I wasn't going to win but I was going to make him earn it lol

Oh by the way my 700xx is stock except uni filter,13T sprocket, and razr tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwi2vGu2LUw
nice. i raced a turbo raptor and he smoked me. at least u made him earn it. seemed like he had traction problems

1 - 20 of 32 Posts