Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drag raced a couple buddies down the street today after a day of passing them on the trail and cruising behind them in 3rd LMAO they never believed I stayed in 3rd until we switched bikes and the found out for themselves hahahahahaaaa

Anyway so then they wanted to drag...

It wasn't even fair on the trail side by side I was pullin away so hard in 3rd they gave up everytime before I even hit 4th. So we took it to the street and...

It was the same as the trail. So then as a comparison I let them go first and the chased them down, when they hit wot 5th I was wot 4th and hangin in there... I hung back till they looked back then hit 5th and watched their beady eyes grow wider and wider as I blew past them. I can't tell u the satisfaction I had today lmao

I never would have thought wot 4th woulda kept me close while a 450 was wot 5th... What a great freakin bike I LOVE THE XX!!

Ok anyway, both 450s are piped with intakes and the LTR has a twin jet kit to boot. So ya, I'm super happy about my decision to get the xx, honda does it again!

Oh ya and all the other rider skills matters and bla bla... We've been ridin together for years and I know they can ride... Ahhh I just makes it that much sweeter!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I raced a LTR450 where I ride this past weekend. It wasn't even close:) I was fully on the rear brakes, tires locked and sliding trying to get stopped in time. I beat him 3 times and he no wanted to play anymore:hey:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a couple good races this weekend....the first race was with a bone stock 2009 YFZ450F with EFI. So this race wasn't really fair for him considering my bike has a lot of mods and he had none. I beat him by several bikes....after we raced I rode his 450 around a bit....I'd say if he put a pipe and stuff on it he could get some more low end and better torque values. To keep up with a modded out XX it's going to take a lot more than that! :p

The other race was the same guys old YFZ450F that he had sold a few months back. I guess he thought that it would smoke me since it had most of the same mods I have on the XX. I was able to pull him pretty good out of the hole and he never could catch back up.

I think people really underestimate the real power of the XX when it has been modded from stock. I was really sick when I first bought my XX, it just wasn't what I expected it to be. After I put my mods on, I must say that I'm satisfied...very satisfied! lololol

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm never happy. I was when I first got it but now I want more. As soon as the warranty expires I'm doing a big bore, larger t body, and a cam.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm never happy either, mine had a FMF Q4 slip-on and FMF programmer before it ever left the dealership. I plan on adding a Powerbomb this summer.

·
Banned
711 Posts
just got in from a race with a ltr450 and it was nothing like you guys describe, the suzuki has a yoshi slip on no airbox lid and some sort of efi, not the power comander though my 700xx has a fmf powercore and thats it.

on pavment
race 1: we lined up and when the flag droped all i got was a wheelie and he was way ahead,almost no chance to really catch up.

race 2: same thing less of a wheelie and in the long run i did get him but it took ever thing i got.

my question is.... if all of you are whipping them like you say, then how you doing it, the 450 is light and quick

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If ur only runnin a pipe then all u did was lean out ur fuel mix, so until u richen the mix back up (PCIII or V) to compensate for the added air flow, you'll have a hard time whoopin anybody.

I'm runnin the fmf factory 4.1 with powerbomb head, UNI foam filter and pciii with a bo white (velociraptor) map... Unleash the beast and you'll get the same results the rest of us are, also I'm only 160lbs, so consider ur weight vs. a 255lbder (scuzz) then there's another disadvantage.

So its important to know that a pipe or intake without a programmer only leans out the fuel map, not necessarily making it faster.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
"So its important to know that a pipe or intake without a programmer only leans out the fuel map, not necessarily making it faster."

Incorrect. The factory EFI will compensate for small changes.

A highflow intake only makes it easier for air to enter the engine causing less mechanical effort to suck it in. This does not effect the burn process in the cylinder. the map sensor is still sensing the amount of air entering just as it does with a low quality filter

A less restrictive slip-on will not adversely effect the burn process in the cylinder either, The header still holds considerable back pressure to keep things with in limits.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If ur only runnin a pipe then all u did was lean out ur fuel mix, so until u richen the mix back up (PCIII or V) to compensate for the added air flow, you'll have a hard time whoopin anybody.

I'm runnin the fmf factory 4.1 with powerbomb head, UNI foam filter and pciii with a bo white (velociraptor) map... Unleash the beast and you'll get the same results the rest of us are, also I'm only 160lbs, so consider ur weight vs. a 255lbder (scuzz) then there's another disadvantage.

So its important to know that a pipe or intake without a programmer only leans out the fuel map, not necessarily making it faster.

Also a leaner A/F ratio makes more power than a rich A/F ratio. I am not telling you to run lean to make power though because as everyone knows its not safe for the engine

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I stand corrected. Either way, with a slipon not changing the burn or mix significantly, ur still pretty much stock until a programmer goes on.

·
Banned
711 Posts
ok soooooooooooo

how do i get this guy ? how do i get the speed down low to take the ltr450 from the starting line ?

how do i win the holeshot ? on pavment the bike came up and by up i mean atleaset 3-4 feet by then the ltr was down the road and it took every thing to catch up

on round 2 i wasnt as hard on the throttle but still the ltr was gone and it took till 5th for me to catch and then blow past him

yeah i got him in round 2 but iam not satisfied about it... with 700cc vs 450 i should be able to snap him up asap

so hard facts:

do i need to remap with just a slip on on the bike ?
do i need the powerbomb header
diffrent airfilter ( such as uni )
will the 14 tooth sprocket help out at all ?

i some how think droping weight on the 700xx would help out alot but where? where can one drop any serious weight ? rear a-arms ? but their is only one option that i know of and thats the sonic A-arms

hmmmmmm feeling a little dissapointed here

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes you need a programmer!! You don't necessarily need the header. A UNI would be a good idea. A 14T sprocket would help on the top end, but would hurt out of the hole. It could mean one less shift though. In any type of drag racing, ESPECIALLY on pavement, you need to lean over the tank as far as you can to keep the front down. Don't launch too high or too quick. You need to slip the clutch out of the hole to get moving, but as fast as you can. It takes practice and technique more than anything.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
ok soooooooooooo

how do i get this guy ? how do i get the speed down low to take the ltr450 from the starting line ?

Sit as far up on the seat as possible and lean over the bars, The bike will still want to come up but as 3svt said it takes practice to get it right on how hard you launch and working the clutch

how do i win the holeshot ? on pavment the bike came up and by up i mean atleaset 3-4 feet by then the ltr was down the road and it took every thing to catch up

on round 2 i wasnt as hard on the throttle but still the ltr was gone and it took till 5th for me to catch and then blow past him

yeah i got him in round 2 but iam not satisfied about it... with 700cc vs 450 i should be able to snap him up asap

so hard facts:

do i need to remap with just a slip on on the bike ?
A programmer is not needed with just a slip on but will give you more power if added
do i need the powerbomb header
A header will really wake up the bike but you must use a programmer with it
diffrent airfilter ( such as uni )
Any brand filter is better than stock for higher flow
will the 14 tooth sprocket help out at all ?
Are you using a 13t? If you add a programmer and filter you will be faster with a 14t

i some how think droping weight on the 700xx would help out alot but where? where can one drop any serious weight ? rear a-arms ? but their is only one option that i know of and thats the sonic A-arms
The bike has plenty of torue to overcome the weight, just add some bolt-on parts to make it rip, Not sure if the Sonic A-arms are lighter or not but if your looking to go faster there are alot more things you can get for 1600 bucks to make it fly

hmmmmmm feeling a little dissapointed here

Add the programmer, header and filter and you'll cheese it to ear
asd

·
Banned
711 Posts
well.... still the ltr was explosive in the start and it took every thing i could and then some to catch up to him i did pass him in the LONG RUN but it took every thing i had.

i did get out a little and practice a little starting off the line and it still seems i cant get going quick enough......

still cant get over dissapointment

1 - 20 of 44 Posts