Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to any sand dunes with a raptor in the group? i am wondering how the 700xx will do if you raced and how the 700xx does for hill climbing as well. I want to know mod for mod or stock for stock. I would like to hear from any one. i dont want the raptor with more mods than ours i want to know stock vs stock or mod vs mod. I do alot of sand runs and there is about 6 raptors in the group. I know i will be slower but by how much? I am getting one by Christmas and cant wait. yahoo:yay: Thank for the replies and HAPPY THANKSGIVING :hey:
PS My wife is one of those with the raptor i cant have her beat me to bad ha ha.

·
Registered
425 Posts
well quad HP wise stock for stock you will be even if not slightly higher.

now a riders weight and tires will be what decides the dune winners

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it weighs more and so every one is asking why would you buy such a heavy bike but i tell them it is 80 pounds more which is alot but hey. i am wondering how much power the independent rear end take from the bike.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I can say this, one of the guys I ride with has a Raptor... we both got them at the same time and stock to stock he would leave me in 3rd but I also have 200lbs on him. Now when I went to a 13th tooth we are neck to neck and if I start in 2nd I'll usually take him in a heads up drag race.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that good to know i will be doing the 13 tooth as soon as it comes off the show room floor:hey:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Equal riders with equal setups the Raptor will become more dominant in a drag race and hillshooting as more mods come into the comparison. The XX wasnt designed to be directly compared to the Raptor nor the other way around. The Raptor has been out longer than the XX and the aftermarket has them figured out pretty good comparitively speaking. Once the big bore kits and stroker cranks starting hitting the market for the XX then weight transfer and traction will become more and more a problem compared to the Raptor(when it comes to dragracing).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks bo i know they arent meant to be compared to the rappy but i just want to know how bad i might lose at the dunes to my friend on there rappys by the way i like the raptor but with 6 or so in the group (i lost count:lmao:) i want something different most of my friends have the big 3 and they move pretty well. My brothers with the big 6 flat out rips his bike is a ball but i want something different since i can ride my wifes bike when i want speed at the dunes ha ha ha:lol: No diss on our 700xx but as we know it wasnt meant for just dune runs i cant wait for the mud though

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wouldnt count your self out yet. I was really suprised how the 700xx did in the sand. I can do anything every other Quad out there can do. The weight of the quad will be forgotten when you get as much air as they do.

I ride with 2 strokes and 450's an i do just fine.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good choice going to the XX, it will hold its own and will outdo the Raptor in its environment in alot of ways.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am at Armagosa Dunes right now, just north of Las Vegas. Have been here since Thanksgiving. I still have the stock 14T front sprocket. I dont have a video cam but will try to film a couple runs with my BlackBerry today and post them. Even though I weigh 230lbs, my 700XX was one of the fastest out there.

·
Registered
101 Posts

This is me on the left VS. a built Raptor 700 I had a bad start, the front came up fast and I had to back off the throttle but still caught him toward the top of the Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm7mmIP3Z0

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very cool vid how much do you have into your bike i plan on doing the big 3 for now then later bore the throttle body, put a cam prob stage 2, port polish and +1 intake valves. how much hp are you running? Do you know what the raptor has done my brothers raptor is very fast he has Ron woods exhaust, stage 3 hotcam, 11:1 comp, fci intake, programmer one for fuel and one for ignition, i think thats it. i dont know what hp his is but its crazy fast for not having stock bore and stroke. Thanks for the vids keep them coming on the site. By the way which paddles do you run i plan on getting the 22-11-10 skat trak haulers i have run them on my old 450r and loved them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Single exhaust/HCIII/11:1 Raptors run 55-60rwhp depending on the dyno and tune. He is loosin a tad of midrange torque with that FCI, that style intake is for alot more radical builds.

·
Registered
101 Posts
very cool vid how much do you have into your bike i plan on doing the big 3 for now then later bore the throttle body, put a cam prob stage 2, port polish and +1 intake valves. how much hp are you running? Do you know what the raptor has done my brothers raptor is very fast he has Ron woods exhaust, stage 3 hotcam, 11:1 comp, fci intake, programmer one for fuel and one for ignition, i think thats it. i dont know what hp his is but its crazy fast for not having stock bore and stroke. Thanks for the vids keep them coming on the site. By the way which paddles do you run i plan on getting the 22-11-10 skat trak haulers i have run them on my old 450r and loved them.
I have about $4,000. in performance work. I am running the ITP sand stars 20x11x10 in the dunes. most others where running the straight paddles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info MFR. im not sure i will do all that right now but some day ha ha ha. and thanks bo i was thinking of doing the fci intake on my wifes but now not i was thinking of the monster set up is it a good intake? My wife want to do a stage 2 cam, monster dual exhaust (i know more engine work should be done but it looks sweet and i like to keep my wife happy), intake (not sure which one yet), PCV W/auto tune, ignition programmer, and later bore the carb and do some head work if it is worth it. I have heard bo is one of the best so i will be in touch with him when the time comes. thanks for all the post keep them coming

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im running about 43hp with the big three and keep up with or beat raptors in the sand depends a lot on the rider too ive also been smoked by some nast 450r's of my buddys. lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts