Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
I ride the steep rocky trails in the Colorado mountains. I actually went with a 12t front sprocket and am able to putt the heavy boulders fairly well. Blows my friends away the obstacles I can get over with 2WD. Haven't gotton stuck yet (knock wood). My only problem when riding with my friends all on utilities is the time I sit, waiting for them to catch up. Always the leader and never in the dust... ;-)
When I first started riding it was hard to fiqure out how big of a head start to let them "UTV's" have, if you were behind them on a climb. I'd let them go bout 1/2 way up, an go and then be on there ass by 3/4 of the way to the top. And it's not fun waiting on someone going up a mountain, when your on the 2wd feathering the clutch. So going up 1st like you said is the way togo!

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
sweet...I ordered the 9/16 sway bar. Taking this beast out when I get back home around the second week in May....can't wait
One trick or tip, I have on the sway bar install. Put the bushing's on dry first time, pop them off add grease and replace. They will go on alot easier the 2nd time, cause you've opened them up some. And this way you dont wear 1/2 the grease. Have fun and enjoy!:xx:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts