Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys think this race will turn out?A bubby of mine is giving me a hard time about wanting to race.I told him i wasn't real interested and really didn't buy the bike for that.I finally gave in and meeting up this weekend to kick them off.BTW it is stock to stock.

Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now there is an additional ltz400 that want in on the action as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
700xx verses yfz 450

I have raced a few YFZ 450 that were stock and have been able to beat them. I was really surprized but you also have to take into account other variables as well like tires , traction , rider etc.. However , this was on dirt and if it were in the sand i am not sure how it would play out because of the weight difference but who knows .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have raced a few YFZ 450 that were stock and have been able to beat them. I was really surprized but you also have to take into account other variables as well like tires , traction , rider etc.. However , this was on dirt and if it were in the sand i am not sure how it would play out because of the weight difference but who knows .
Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
35 Posts
700xx vs yfz450

no problem , whenever these types of topics come up with any type of this bike verses that bike stuff you will hear different stories from each side etc... That's just the results i had when i raced some YFZ 450's & honda 450'r s that were stock recently .

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
dont even want to talk about it. but... now this was in sand both with big three i was beat they are fast.

·
Registered
667 Posts
are you talking about a drag race?? take him over some rough trails and whip his butt!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
are you talking about a drag race?? take him over some rough trails and whip his butt!
this is exactly true in sand drags i tend to get beat. but as soon as we start shoot running and hill climbing i always seem to have to stop and wait for them????

·
Registered
121 Posts
i went on a atv trip to wisconsin a couple months ago and raced a z400 with mods, a 450r with mods, a kawasaki 400 with mods, and a yfz450 and i am stock..i kicked all there asses! the only ones who stuck with me were the yfz450 and the z400...everyone was so impressed with the 700. i think i made a couple of them mad because i took the spotlight away from them haha

·
Registered
984 Posts
Practice, Practice, The front end will shoot for low orbit. I found second gear launches worked best for me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i went on a atv trip to wisconsin a couple months ago and raced a z400 with mods, a 450r with mods, a kawasaki 400 with mods, and a yfz450 and i am stock..i kicked all there asses! the only ones who stuck with me were the yfz450 and the z400...everyone was so impressed with the 700. i think i made a couple of them mad because i took the spotlight away from them haha
Where did you go in wisconsin I always ride the Jackson and Clark county trails. Just did 81 miles tuesday on my 4by

·
Registered
579 Posts
Are you guys serious? You really think the 700xx stock will run with a YFZ stock in a drag race? I will have to see it to beleive it....LOL

Since I am still waiting to take delivery of my 700xx, I guess I may be more pleased than I am thinking I will be..

I just got though reading some old reviews on the 700xx when it came out & I was feeling kinda like Chit..They dogged the big boy bad in Power & suspension areas..

Now I am getting excited again!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Are you guys serious? You really think the 700xx stock will run with a YFZ stock in a drag race? I will have to see it to beleive it....LOL

Since I am still waiting to take delivery of my 700xx, I guess I may be more pleased than I am thinking I will be..

I just got though reading some old reviews on the 700xx when it came out & I was feeling kinda like Chit..They dogged the big boy bad in Power & suspension areas..

Now I am getting excited again!!
Well the engine is bottled up alot in stock form...and the shocks are not up to par as far as other quads get stock.

What helps is the Thottle responce and Torque this engine has. Most will lose in a drag because they shift too late with this motor. The Torque and power will fall off fast at higher RPMs...Thats why so many tell Everyone get the Big 3.

The Independent Rear will give you great traction...hence the Push most get when riding this quad for the first time. Tires help this a bit....plus you need to ride the the 700xx more like a MX bike then a quad.

I rode MX for a bit before getting this quad...so when i rode it the transition was easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya just a straight up old school drag race.From a digg and on dirt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the info guys...I guess we will find out this weekend I will post results and videos as soon as i goes down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts