Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

700xx WATER (drowned)

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Xstriker 
#1 ·
Camping trip with some friends on 4x4's.... Did great all day and had a good time riding the trails. But then it got dark :( long story short i wound up in a water hole and took on water in the airbox. I killed it when i went under, pulled the drain plug, and stood it up. Dipstick looks good but it is a little milky. Goona drain it in the mrn. Just makin sure i can flush this thing thing with diesel like other... Any other suggestions?

#2 ·
dont use ur clutch to much.... and if u still have a lil water after ur second oil changed run it so some of it can evaporate...

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Mate the best thing to do is drain all the water out, make sure you squeeze the water out of your air cleaner then start flushing the motor with new oil, idle the engine for 5 minutes then drain and re fill idle for 5 minutes then check, if its still a green colour, do the above again. The secret to this is to do it straight away do not leave it over night. This has worked countless times for me and I never ended up with any permant damage. Man I forgot pull the spark plug and turn over a few times to make sure it has no water lock in the cylinder.

Overlord

#5 ·
thanks guys, i think i made it out okay... we drained and refilled it 3 times before the oil held its color. I'll do it one more time tomorrow now that im back home and have more oil. the air filter was the biggest problem at the camp lol The bracket holding the back of the air filter was screwed on so tight we stripped the screw. eventually got it out and flushed it with some gas. So thankful this didnt turn out worse!

#7 ·
Mate sounds like you got it covered, man thats strange with the aircleaner bracket screw cause mine was the same way over here in Aus.

Overlord

#9 ·
You will notice most of the screws that aren't going into the engine have thread locker on it, like your handle bar end bolts and stuff like that. A lot of people change that particular screw for the oil filter out for one with a HEX head so they can use an Allen wrench to take it out.

#11 ·
same, I had to drill it out and find a new screw that would fit, now it's a sinch to put the uni in though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.