Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've always had carb'd bikes, and the xx is my first fuel injected. I went into my barn the other day and tried to crank my 700. The battery was dead so I charged it up, and went back to start it. The motor turned over good but it didn't fire. When it did start it only ran for about a second. I think its not getting fuel, but it has gas in the tank. Oh and it is due for an oil change too, if that could hinder starting.

What do you guys think is wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Fuel petcock turned on the right way? Some of them were installed incorrectly from the factory.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might want to try putting it on reserve. When i have ran out of gas and needed to switch you could still see gas in the tank.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What they said. Fill it full of fuel and make sure its not on 'off'. Seems to do the trick 99% of the time (been there, done that :D )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try that, but I'm pretty sure it is right. It's full of fuel.

If I turn the key on, and move the red switch from off to on a few times, I can hear this little pump running and then the bike will run for about a second after I do that.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
You may have a clogged fuel filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
700xx needs a good battery in order to run correctly!!

I realize this is an old post but wanted to add this invade anyone has a problem like I did. I recently loaded up my bike and headed to Gorman went to start my 700xx and battery was dead. I hooked up my jumper box and it fired right up. Every time I disconnected the jumper box it would stall. Finally I got it to idle but when I shifted into first and let the clutch out it would stall. This is because with a EFI bike you must have a fully charged battery in order for the fuel system to function . You cannot pop start these bikes and expect the battery to recharge. After replacing the battery the bike ran like new. I guess it is a negative for EFI but i still love my 700. I'm sure you figured this out but I hope I can save at least one person the trouble with the advise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts