Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me on a good hour meter to put on my 08 700xx?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Hardline Hour Meters (inductive type) on all three of our ATVs. I'm not sure they qualify as "good", but they count running time OK. They have a single wire that wraps around the spark plug wire 5 or 6 times, and a self-contained battery that keeps the display on all the time. They are attached with double-sided tape and a couple of screws.

I have no idea how long they may last. The display and electronics are sealed, and the battery is not replaceable. It's an easy install, however.

You can do a search on eBay and find prices all over the place.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info fixxation where did you mount the hour meter at on the 700xx?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
tbird88,
I also have a Hardline and find it to be adequate. I mounted it under the left rear fender in the flattened area to the inside of the fender well. I placed it in a clear plastic box to keep it out of the sand, mud and whatever. It appears to be holding up ok but I would still like to have a full-up gauge pod. The cost and trouble to install that instrument is beyond my dollar threshold.
Good Luck on making a choice. By-the-way, I have 30 hours registered on it and it is still working.
Sid

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ditto that. I run Hardlines on all mine that dont come stock with a meter. It helps me keep track of the maintenance on them better. I suffer from a good case of sometimers disease (Sometimes I remember but most of the time I forget)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hardline hour meter took a crap.I guess it got wet. Had it under seat guess it still got wet. Oh well,Ill see if they will warrany it. Its only 3 months old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts