Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Doing a wheelie on the 700xx is very smooth,but i dont like the way it sometimes throws you right when pulling up. I think its something i will have to get used to,i've only had it for a month.
Check your tire pressure and make sure you're equal on both sides in the rear. When you get on the throttle there should be no pulling.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
It shouldn't throw you either way. The bike is balanced. It has to be either tire pressure or the way you are leaning. It took me a while to figure out how to turn with this (which is so easily done on the straight axles). But I finally just gave in and pretty much threw all my weight to one side. As mentioned earlier, you can't be at the balancing point for this, you have to have the nose down a little bit. But I finally succeeded and got a 3.4 mile wheelie out of it. The only bad thing with doing a lot of wheelies is it could lead to bottom end damage as the oil pump doesn't have any oil to pump due to the angle (Very common in 450Rs). I am not sure if it would be a big issue on the 700, but it is not a $2000 lesson im about to try.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
But I finally succeeded and got a 3.4 mile wheelie out of it. The only bad thing with doing a lot of wheelies is it could lead to bottom end damage as the oil pump doesn't have any oil to pump due to the angle (Very common in 450Rs). I am not sure if it would be a big issue on the 700, but it is not a $2000 lesson im about to try.

3.4 Miles... Seems a bit long to me, Maybe I just haven't sat and watched people do long wheelies but 3.4 miles seems Crazy. Not doubting it but I would like to see a Video of this.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
HAHA yeah thought it sounded long, but then again I am all excited with 20-30 feet.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The only bad thing with doing a lot of wheelies is it could lead to bottom end damage as the oil pump doesn't have any oil to pump due to the angle (Very common in 450Rs). I am not sure if it would be a big issue on the 700, but it is not a $2000 lesson im about to try.
The 700xx does not have the same kind of oiling system as a 450r. The 700xx is a "dry sump" system. Your angle should not be a problem with a dry sump system. IMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Oops, my bad guys. It was a 2.3 mile wheelie. Had my fingers over one too many. And if that is still unbelievalbe, there was either a movie on here or I saw it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVo9rWt9mg&feature=fvsr) where the guy does a very decent one. I could definately do longer if I had some roads that are straighter to do it on. I am pulling up in 2nd and shifting to 4th. I find with 5 you have to be very balanced and sometimes it is harder to pull up via hitting the gas when the front starts to dip if you can't keep it balanced. About the 700xx having a "dry sump" system versus the 450R, that may be so as I have no idea. I just know it is not something I would be willing to try again, especially on the 700.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts