Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YFZ(mine): Barker exhaust, uni filter with no lid, jet kit, and cam mod. Dyno'd at 45hp

XX: K&N filter, EHS lid, local shop ported head with +1 intake valves, St. 3 Hot Cam, Barker exhaust, 715 big bore, and power commander 5. Dyno'd at 54hp

Raptor: Open air box with K&N, Power commander 3, St. 2 Hot Cam, 11:1 piston, and dual barkers. Dyno'd at 54hp

This video is second hand from an iphone, sorry about the quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsw42IvjDmQ&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like the xx rider needs a little practice

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you read the last part of the video, he had a flat rear tire. Ive seen him race many times and he is a good rider

·
Registered
574 Posts
Helmets? :coffee:

·
Registered
574 Posts
We went for a dyno session not racing. We saw the open field next to the dyno and decided to do a couple test passes. The blue raptor has the same mods as crash's xx but made 8hp more. Making power... Raptor>xx, haha

I am not trying to be an ass or make anyone look bad. It just seems a lot ride videos are with no helmet. This might give the idea to some of the young impressionable types on here that it is ok to ride without a helmet. I work with a guy that normally wore a helmet but was just unloading a bike from a trailer and took it for a quick spin around the campsite. He crashed a low speed crash, almost died, they had to cut a hole in his skull to relieve the pressure on his brain. He lived, even tried to come back to work but had too many issues from his injury, he will never work again at the job he loves he will never really be the same. I hate to see all that from just not wearing his helmet, he was 26 at the time. I saw Craig just last week, it's been almost 10 years since his crash not the same guy he used to be. All it takes is a quick spin,think about it.

Ok I will get off my soap box now and thanks for listening.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree no helmet's are just stupid.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looking at dyno charts the xx making 54hp should be faster than a raptor making the same hp. Thats pretty good power for the XX with those mods compared to the other charts I've seen. Good stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
like I said a good rider would know he had a flat tire and thats no excuse for stalling off the line

·
Registered
97 Posts
That was the first time I rode in the dirt since finishing my build. I stalled because when I tried to get on it in second the bike felt like it was going to flip right over. Since I had no helmet it wasn't worth the risk. As for the tire, it had a plug in it and when I did a warm up run right before the video the plug shot out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fair enough

1 - 12 of 12 Posts