Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw just over 90mph on the xx yesterday, verified by a zx6r. it was on 10" street tyres and it was fairly stable. it's only got a few hundred miles under it's belt.
reckon when it's run in i might crack the ton.:rock:

·
Registered
115 Posts
If he doesn't have a speedohealer I wouldn't trust that reading very far. Sportbike speedo's have about a 7% error built in. Get a GPS and see what it says.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've hit 84mph on my gps. I'm at 900ft below sea level though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i'm 1180m above sea level. I was out for a rip on the snowmobile trails today. pulled up beside a polaris 600 triple at 80mph. completely stock with no spark arrestor.
i was surprised to see that, as i thought they were only good for 60mph.

also hit the first jump on my 700 today. i was travelling around 50-60mph and hit the crest of a hill. i was airborne for 5 or 6 seconds. landed perfect. the furthest i've ever jumped for sure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
bought a week ago my buddy clocked me at 83 on the road in his truck i have to say at 83 mph and only being 20degree out that was one really cold ride

·
Registered
425 Posts
Still thats moving.

I have no idea how fast im going WOT in 5th..i just know be ready for the first rock that jumps out at me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Still thats moving.

I have no idea how fast im going WOT in 5th..i just know be ready for the first rock that jumps out at me.
Always make sure that no rocks are going to jump at you. lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
80mph in -15c weather is pretty chilly. especially once the sled passes you and sprays you with snow too

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
FWIW... its 12:30am in Texas and its still 60* in February. Wherever you guys live that its negative whatever or below like 40. Let me know, so I dont go there. I'll die. Should be 85 on Friday :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Only wed. and 80* right now :D

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
i'm 1180m above sea level. I was out for a rip on the snowmobile trails today. pulled up beside a polaris 600 triple at 80mph. completely stock with no spark arrestor.
i was surprised to see that, as i thought they were only good for 60mph.

also hit the first jump on my 700 today. i was travelling around 50-60mph and hit the crest of a hill. i was airborne for 5 or 6 seconds. landed perfect. the furthest i've ever jumped for sure.
LOL, are you sure about the air time? I used to do freestyle jumping a 55' gap and my hang time was around 2-3 seconds. 5-6 when you actually count it off sounds like you were landing in the next county. If thats true that is out of control and AWESOME!! LOL:yay:

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Yea I'm sure it feels a lot longer than it really is. :D Even the record breaking 300ft jumps are only about 3.5-4 seconds of actual airtime.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts