Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says I need to choose between stock length adjustable a-arms or a 9/16 sway bar. I will eventually end up with both but which would you buy first and why. I ride mostly tight trails and my bike is stock besides a 13t.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
sway bar!

·
Registered
671 Posts
A-arms for sure. The reason the 700XX does not like to turn is because of to much castor in the stock setup. The a-arms will fix the problem, the sway bar will just cover it up.

Doug

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im not expecting to turn better from a sway I was looking for less body roll and the ability to break the rear end loose easier. The a-arms are what I expect to turn better with.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The sway bar for sure! Helps in the tight stuff as well. No more front end push

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
adjust your toe to 1/8th" toe in and the rear will slide out alot easier. If you get the adjustable a-arms you can dial in the front easier and get it to handle better.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Well im not expecting to turn better from a sway I was looking for less body roll and the ability to break the rear end loose easier. The a-arms are what I expect to turn better with.
Better shocks will get you less body roll. Adjustable arms will get it to turn.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I can't afford shocks. The best I'll ever do is the ds conversion and rear revalve but that's not to high on my priority list. I just don't ride enough right now to justify a $2k upgrade although I'm sure it's badass. Thats why I am looking at these 2 options. They are relatively cheap and have great reviews. I'm a Baller on a budget :)

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
My next mod is going to be Ed's adjustable a-arms. What good is sliding if you can't turn the quad.
I would say the a-arms. If you adjust your caster it should turn alot better in the tight stuff.
A-arms for sure. The reason the 700XX does not like to turn is because of to much castor in the stock setup. The a-arms will fix the problem, the sway bar will just cover it up.

Doug
Better shocks will get you less body roll. Adjustable arms will get it to turn.
I agree 100%. I like the idea of a aftermarket sway bar, but think that I should just save up for better shocks and longer a-arms. This will help with rider fatigue and make it handle tons better all around.

Sure, sway bars are considerable less expensive, but I think they fatigue thing is of greatest importance if you do any kind of serious riding.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is any body speaking from first hand experience with these products? Not trying to be a jackass just wondering because everyone who has the l8ton racing bars swears by them. I have yet to hear someone say they installed it and it sucked just people speculate about the negative affects. Again not being a smartass just wanting to know.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
If your riding really fast smooth trails then you would probably benefit from the Sway bar. If you ride slower more technical stuff then get the a-arms.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is any body speaking from first hand experience with these products? Not trying to be a jackass just wondering because everyone who has the l8ton racing bars swears by them. I have yet to hear someone say they installed it and it sucked just people speculate about the negative affects. Again not being a smartass just wanting to know.
I have the DS shocks on the front, huge difference in tackling rough terrain. Now the rear seems too stiff if I crank up the springs, and bottoms out on one side or another if I hit a large bump with just one side when I back off the springs. I am going to try the 9/16 bar and try running the rear springs softer. I am a slevette 220# LOL and I ride a lot of rocky trails which plays a major part in what works or doesn't work for me. So I should be posting up a review in the near future.

Patience Grasshopper.

:atv:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i have them all shocks arms sway bar etc. funny huh how EVERYONE says they like the sway bars... i was in situations blazing trails yesterday that i would not of made the turns with out the new sway bar. yes my shocks and arms would not have cut it alone with out being able to swing the ass end around that fast. yes my arms are nice and do help also. question which arms are you looking at getting? houser and roll design require new shocks getting really spendy. Eds' stock with caster are around the same price as the sway bar. just telling you from experience i spent 3k on shocks and arms before the 219 on a sway bar and wish i would of done it the other way around may not of even bought my shocks

·
Registered
574 Posts
sway bar will not help with bump steer or rider fatigue.

Bump steer I can understand.

I never thought about it in terms of rider fatigue. However I would think anything that makes their machine handle easier for that individuals type of riding would reduce fatigue.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
i have them all shocks arms sway bar etc. funny huh how EVERYONE says they like the sway bars... i was in situations blazing trails yesterday that i would not of made the turns with out the new sway bar. yes my shocks and arms would not have cut it alone with out being able to swing the ass end around that fast. yes my arms are nice and do help also. question which arms are you looking at getting? houser and roll design require new shocks getting really spendy. Eds' stock with caster are around the same price as the sway bar. just telling you from experience i spent 3k on shocks and arms before the 219 on a sway bar and wish i would of done it the other way around may not of even bought my shocks
I thought the housers came with caster and camber adjustment ?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Do you ever jump or ride mx with your 700? I can't imagine wanting to keep or recommend keeping the stock shocks lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts