Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been emailing companies about a A-Arm & shock kit I was told that the 700 & 450 arms are the same is this true? has any one tried this?looking for some +1 & triple rates has anyone used some +1 or +2 would like some impressions from some one who has used them or is using them
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Scott,

Thanks for touching base but unfortunately, we don’t do anything for the 700 and I don’t anticipate it happening in the near future. The front end is actually identical to the TRX450 and we have sold kits to guys for that application but I don't know what they are doing with the rear.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

this is the reply from Hydo dynamics this is why I am Asking, I am aware of the the houser kit just shopping around for some thing more afordable not sure if I want +1 or + 2.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Scott,

Thanks for touching base but unfortunately, we don’t do anything for the 700 and I don’t anticipate it happening in the near future. The front end is actually identical to the TRX450 and we have sold kits to guys for that application but I don't know what they are doing with the rear.
I have both......it doesn't fit. You have to get a specific 700XX kit.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
No they are not the same... Houser has some, I have the Laeger +2 setup, Tex Tech will be coming out with some, and if all goes well, I will be working with JD Performance this summer and come up with something for the XX...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The +2 is good for mx ,desert ,dunes and fire roads. The +3/4 is for xc and tight trails. :D
The houser +3/4 arms work great in the desert, I use them with a 4/1 DWT wheel. This setup will also work good in the woods to. On this quad wider is not better, the wider you go the more the front end will push in the turns.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
What ride height do you use Wayne. I am struggling with suspension set up . I coming to think it may because of the wide rear due to using 10" rims.:D

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i just ordered my houser arm and elka shocks just playing the waiting game cant wait to try them out at the dunes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies think you guys made up my mind I do alot of trail & some dune riding but always end up on a small short track , dont want more push will more than likely go with the 3/4" setup with 4+1 with some triple rates. what have you guys done with the rear width & Arms.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wayne if I start out at 46 wide Add 1.5"with the Houser setup to 47.5" then put the 4+1 wheels & I go back to 45.5"wide Looks like you are telling me narrow is better for handling? looks like what I would be getting with the housers is narower & adjustable Castor & Camber this sound About right or am I missing something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
wayne if I start out at 46 wide Add 1.5"with the Houser setup to 47.5" then put the 4+1 wheels & I go back to 45.5"wide Looks like you are telling me narrow is better for handling? looks like what I would be getting with the housers is narower & adjustable Castor & Camber this sound About right or am I missing something.
It does look that way if you think 1+1=2, but on quads 1+1=2ish. Your math is right, just the numbers are off. The stock Honda wheels are not a 3/2 they are 1 7/8" on the out side, and DWT wheels are not 4/1 they are 1 1/2" on the out side, so thats only 3/8 of an inch narrower per side than stock. So if you add the Houser arm at 3/4" back in there you are +3/8 of an inch wider per side, with a total of 3/4" wider than stock. And another thing that I have to add in is tire size. The width of a quad is measured from out side of tire to out side of tire. The stock tire hangs out past the stock wheel 3/16 of an inch, and a Maxxis 23" hangs out past a DWT wheel 9/16 of an inch.
So that makes the quad 3/4 of a inch wider + 3/4 of an inch from the Houser arms and the DWT wheels all adds up to 47 1/2 inches wide. And when we set our quads up, we set them with sag in the shocks. So at ride height (that means with the rider sitting on the quad) the quad gets wider because of wheel scrub and that puts our quad at 48 inches wide. Just remember why you bought this quad, I would hope that it was for riding or racing on trails or in the desert and not MX. If that is the case than this setup is the way to go. I hope this clears up some of your questions.

·
Registered
755 Posts
DWT 3:2 front wheels making it 47.5 wide in the front and 46 in the rear would help understeer more than stock wheels right??

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not sure about the ride hight with our new settings. We just spent three days out in the desert tunning shocks, and went stiffer on our spring rates. We also raised our ride hight, so I will check it out and let you guys know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wayne thanks for the info you have cleared up all my question about the front A- arms & yes I bought the 700 for the trails & Dunes not MX. would you mind sharring what you have done with the rear are you running the 3/4" rear houser setup? if so what wheel off set 5-2 or 3-4. Again thanks for sharing the info it is much apperciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts