1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start off with a couple pics

And then a couple of my recent Engine Mods

And then The New Reverse Lever on the Handle Bars that I finished Today

Thats all I have for now, any questions or comments, Let me have it!!
Jason

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
looks very good, like the way you mounted your efi controller. right now i just have mine in a sandwich baggy under my seat. way to go!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks great man! How are you liking the ProArmor bumper and nerfs? Any install problems with the nerfs? Did everything line up? Any problems with the welds on the bumper?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only had the bumper since Christmas, so I haven't been able to ride with it much yet. I read all the bad things about them, so I bought longer bolts for all three that hold the bumper on, and stacked a series of metal and rubber washers in there so it has some wiggle room.

I contacted PRM to see if they would sell me the SWEET new rubber bushings that their Desert II bumper comes with, and I haven't heard back.

The Nerfs took about an hour and a half to put on, had to ream a couple holes and mainly just be patient and let it come together. Once I had ALL the bolts started, I tightened them all up, and I haven't had any problems with them at all.

Jason

Looks great man! How are you liking the ProArmor bumper and nerfs? Any install problems with the nerfs? Did everything line up? Any problems with the welds on the bumper?

·
Registered
103 Posts
what is the last photo showing ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i think the last picture is showing his custom reverse cable made from bicycle shifter cable and housing to go with his handlebar mounted reverse lever

·
Registered
174 Posts
THAT LOOKS KILLER:yay:

LOVE THE REVERSE LEVER AND CUSTOM CAM TO WORK IT:yay:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks great . I cant wait till I can purchase new tires. It makes the bike look so much meaner.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very, Very Nice!!!:hey:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is the last photo showing ?
TBird is exactly right! I tried to find someone locally that can make custom cables, or that would be able to put a barrel on the end of the cable I already had. I found nothing, so I went back to the same bicycle store where I got the tandem bicycle brake cable and outer casing, and I got the special bolt with a hole through it. Then I just trimmed up the lever down on the tranny for the bolt.
This way it is also adjustable, if I got the barrels put on both ends there is no way to adjust it.
To turn that arm is a very hard pull so I think the cable has a good chance of stretching a fair amount, and now I have a way to fix it if it does stretch.
Jason

·
Registered
179 Posts
Love the tires, love everything. The only thing that could make it better is if it was an all black bike. The black ones are faster.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I started looking into different plastic through maier, thinking maybe black and white with a white or black seat cover, but I have spent ALOT of money in the last 8 months, prolly a little more than I should as I am a college student, it seems like every dime I make goes directly to the aftermarket!!
So I will probably just enjoy her the way it is for a few months!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm a 34 year old 10+ credit per term college student with a full time 70+ hour a week job. Gotta love it.

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to dump my money on. Purchased a new bumper that hasn't arrived yet, buying RAZR2's all the way around, trying to decide on a new set of wheels, gonna also get some paddles because I love to play in the sand.

I'm not even thinking about big 3 yet. I'd love to do it now but I want to ride it for a while then see what a difference it makes in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
looking awesome!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Your bike looks awesome. That reserve set-up is sweet too! Great Job..

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I like the bar mounted reverse . Gunna try that and you have the EHS programmer in the same place as me but I didn't need to cut the airbox to do it .
The 700xx looks sweeeetttt !
Good job my man . :yay:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the bar mounted reverse . Gunna try that and you have the EHS programmer in the same place as me but I didn't need to cut the airbox to do it .
The 700xx looks sweeeetttt !
Good job my man . :yay:
The bar mounted reverse works awesome, but finding the right piece to do it was a PIA!!! Works Connection lists the part in all their catalouges and online pages, but they dont actually make it anymore, they do have a replacement that they send out, which the lever is on the front of the clamp and you have to push the button down instead of forward, it didn't work because it interfered with the throttle cable.
To the rescue, Factory Effex. The part# that I got is 12-36702.

http://factoryeffex.com/index.php?p...d=86&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=33

Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts