Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of other things I noticed on my first ride.I mounted my gps and it logged 25 miles and a moving time of 2 hours. Seemed to go through a tank of fuel pretty fast. When it runs out, it doesn't give you much notice. It sputtered and died right there in it's tracks. I put it on what I thought was Res. but didn't quite getit there and couldn't get it to start. Thought I was going to run the battery down and have to get a pull back to the truck. Shaking it doesn't get any more fuel to the pump. Finally realized I didn't turn the knob enough, it cranked right up. I could see fuel and it had me concerned that something else was wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
that is pretty fast for a tank of fuel. How hard were you riding it? As in the RPM range? I can usually go 3-4 hours of riding before I hit reserve. Are you sure you were completely full to begin with. And everyone makes those mistakes at one time or another LOL.

·
Registered
446 Posts
at least you didn't leave it on reserve and forgot to change it back to normal... I did that a couple months ago in Idaho, sucked pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
u can still see the fuel when its on reserve, remember reserve is 29% of the tank

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have ridden 3-4 hours non stop before and have never run out of fuel before but then again all my riding buddies have big utilities and that was putting through the woods :eek:hno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The other thing I learned to appreciate real quick is the low rear bar. I got stuck and had to lift it out and that really helped this short legged ole man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.