Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the stock rear sprocket is? is it a 14t? i am looking to put some bigger rear tires on, like 24-9-11's and im thinking about going to a bigger sprocket so the power doesnt dip.
One other question, if i was to put a fmf 4.1 full exhaust system, powerbomber header plus the slip onparts, how loud would it be? if its way loud, how do i tone it down a notch?
Or does anyone know if the slip on's give quite a bit of power?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the 4.1 and power bomb header ya its pretty loud I did put in the spark arrester/quiet core and it took away some of the loud pop (for lack of a better turm the sound that makes your ears hurt) and quieted it down a little. I did notice mine was louder with the filter box lid off. why I dont no

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you find the spark arrestor for the factory 4.1 full system pipe? i cant seem to find one. or does the dual system dampen the sound any?

·
Registered
333 Posts
full fmf

im runnin the 4.1 with powerbomb. was down at sand lake oregon this last weekend and got sound checked by the ranger... 96db, thats with the spark arrestor in. 1 db less than legal :birds: damn rangers and their damn noise laws. my spark arrestor was in the box with my slip on when i bought it.

and ps... there are many, many many... more systems out there louder than the fmf 4.1

and the front sprocket is a 14t stock, not sure about the rear.

·
Registered
421 Posts
im runnin the 4.1 with powerbomb. was down at sand lake oregon this last weekend and got sound checked by the ranger... 96db, thats with the spark arrestor in. 1 db less than legal :birds: damn rangers and their damn noise laws. my spark arrestor was in the box with my slip on when i bought it.

and ps... there are many, many many... more systems out there louder than the fmf 4.1

and the front sprocket is a 14t stock, not sure about the rear.
Dang, that blows. I know at trails up here the rangers only check if you have an arrestor, and as long as you have one you are good... The only time that they will check your sound is if you are going WOT through campsites.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would think that 24" rears and a 13T front would bring it back to almost stock gearing. Also dropping a tooth on the front sprocket is much easier and far less expensive than going up a few teeth on the rear sprocket and gets the exact same results.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i did exactly that. 13t sprocket is like 12 bucks on ebay. BUT, the 24x9 will NOT let you slide the rear end. at all. whatsoever. they were great in mud and sand, but whats the good in climbing that sand hill if you cant whip a shitty at the top? if you can, get some 23x10 itp mudlites. with the 3/4 inch tread, not 1.25.
or order the 22x10x11 razrs from powersportsuperstore.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The front sprocket is drastic changes; then the rear is for fine tuning. Its like gearin a car u divide ur rear by ur front to get ur gear. stock is 37/14=2.64, 37/13=2.84 which as u can see makes it lower geared.:tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts