Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I just thought id share a setup with you that seems to work well, at least for me. I do a lot of riding in the woods in oregon, so I like great traction in the wet clay. What ive got so far is a full set of kenda bear claws, rear 24-9-11, front 23-7-10. There is a 13 tooth front sprocket and a 39 tooth rear sprocket on with the stock chain. lexx slip on, lexx programmer and modquad k&n intake with outerwears and no airbox lid. grand total on the mods is about $800 and i can go out and lead a full pack of dirtbikes and have them saying its hard to keep up with me, gotta love that! The only thing left that I really want to change is the suspension, the damping leaves a lot to be desired, especially in the fronts. got any suggestions for a guy on a budget?

·
Registered
33 Posts
cool. Ive heard of a few guys running front bear claws, what made you go with those insted of a front sport tire ? woudln't they steer better ? how do the rears handle being 2" taller than stalk ? does it bounce over roots and shit better now with taller rubber ? im thinking of gettin 10 " rims so I can run the 23-10-10 bear claws . did you loose much power with 24's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read a few reviews about front bear claws, and people were really happy with them. They definately make the 700xx turn better! I needed new tires anyway and I figured at 50 bucks per at rocky mountain I would go that route. The rears are definately big, but with me sitting on the quad I have 12 inches of ground clearance under the center. The regearing came because of that, but now it works very well, tons of power and second and third seem to be more usable.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had the Bear Claws all the way around (still do in the front for now). They arent for everyone. They definately make it harder to slide than the Razrs. If you do much jumping or anything with the stock heelguards on they will rub from the plastic flexing backwards. Im not knocking them completely just saying make sure you consider how and where you are riding before you buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts