Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have some friends that want to ride really bad but don't have money for an ATV. Seeing that IL doesn't have ANY snow, I thought I'd give those friends a nice Christmas gift. I put my snowmobile up for trade, its worth was $1900 on blue book. I said cash or trade for a sport quad. This guy emailed me with this little gem. 2006 Yamaha YFZ450 SE. Straight up trade for a quad worth $3100. Maybe he knows something I don't, haha. The motor sounded perfect and the oil looked good. I ran it and went through the gears, everything seemed ok. It's a done deal. I'm modifying the carb for now but who knows what the future holds for this little beast. All I can say is my friends are really excited, ha.:xx:

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
looks great!!!!!! your friends have a great friend :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Congrats Scott, I hope you and your friends enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
do not get a hot rods stroker for the yfz they work good on other bikes but on this one i highly recommend to pony up and get a good crank to start even a balanced stock stroke with a longer rod or the hot rods stroked with a different longer rod

·
Registered
237 Posts
Talking about friends that want to ride that don't have a machine. I took a friend with yesterday. He rode my rubicon now he wants to trade his wave runner for a quad.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dang missed this thread the first time, <-- jealous. Beautiful little bike, I don't know if I would let my friends ride it!

Also nice evo's on your 700xx

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Problems: Hung up throttle cable, loose chain, wrong jetting and not enough power.

Solution: Fixed throttle cable, tightened chain, Jetted it properly(168m/48p) and added R&D fuel screw, added full Barkers system and opened air box, oil change, fresh BP 93...

Result: Can't keep the front end down

·
Registered
370 Posts
you should do like a walkaround video of it :tup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts