Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went with a programer, slip-on and Uni. First question is this, Does anyone feel like the metal insert in the filter could be restrictive? I have removed backfire screens on everything so what do you think? I removed this item and used a large washer and bolt to hold the filter in place on another Honda but it was not a 700. Will it suck it inside out??

Also has anyone made their own air box cover out of the outerwear material (found at Micheals) and attached with HD velcro yet. This allows max air flow with protection. I am working on one this week and will post pics. EHS is a great lid but you can do this mod for 12.00!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I have heard that you can just cut the stock filter cage off from the part that goes in the intake tube towards the back of the quad. Also I've seen several guys cut off the snorkel part of the air box lid and just put a pre filter over the top of the opening. The stock cage is restrictive. So those two mods should give you better throttle response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just removed the metal cage. used grease on the inside of the filter and a bigger clamp to secure to lip on box. I will keep a eye on that and would love the Pro Design aluminum lip I had on my Z400. used the same rear mount using a nut and bolt though the rubber grommet. Really woke the bike up. plus that cage was heavy! GG

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Your Uni filter should have came with a new cage or you purchased just a replacement uni filter. If your using the stock cage, drill 3/8-1/2" holes in it where the tiny holes are, so you have some support for the filter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a spring that came out of a filter off another quad. I put it inside the filter and it works well. I need to make a correction, the filter I bought was a No Toil and it did not have a cage in it.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts