Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the AC Racing pro peg nerf bars and wanted to know how hard they are to install? Do you have any tips or are the directions that come with them good?

·
Registered
131 Posts
they took me like 2 hours directions are fine thats what i used drilling holes was the worst part just drill one stick a bolt in to hold every thing when you drill the rest there not that bad oh and i just stood the bike up on the grab bar for install

·
Registered
64 Posts
What color are your ac pro peg nerfs? Also, do they have the heel guard?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. They are Black and they do have the heel guard.

They look like these ones but have all black net

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid 340 but you can get them on ebay for 285. I just wanted to get mine today so I went to AC Racing to get them plus if you get them from AC Racing you can choose the net color you want.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just installed the Pro Armor Fat Pegs w/ heel guard on my XX...Took about 6 hours to do! lol ALOT of things didn't want to line up...the bolt on the a-arm was a complete @#$& on both sides...I had to drill a hole in one side of the foot pegs to lock it in to the nerf bar. At the end of the project, everything looks as if it were REALLY to fit on the XX. Pro Armor has a lot of changes to make to make the install easier though...Like maybe more detailed instructions would be great! lmao I just have to tie the nets in tomorrow...then I will take pics! Hopefully I will get my front bumper and grab bar back from my buddy. I haven't had the time to take a pic with all my aftermarket stuff....to bad my XX looks like its 5 years old....what can I say...."I ride it hard, and put it up dirty!" Well...about every weekend!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I just installed the Pro Armor Fat Pegs w/ heel guard on my XX...Took about 6 hours to do! lol ALOT of things didn't want to line up...the bolt on the a-arm was a complete @#$& on both sides...I had to drill a hole in one side of the foot pegs to lock it in to the nerf bar. At the end of the project, everything looks as if it were REALLY to fit on the XX. Pro Armor has a lot of changes to make to make the install easier though...Like maybe more detailed instructions would be great! lmao I just have to tie the nets in tomorrow...then I will take pics! Hopefully I will get my front bumper and grab bar back from my buddy. I haven't had the time to take a pic with all my aftermarket stuff....to bad my XX looks like its 5 years old....what can I say...."I ride it hard, and put it up dirty!" Well...about every weekend!
My Pro Armor nerfs were a pain in the ass too. The "tab" on the right side was hitting the a-arm mount, I literally had to grind it down to make it fit. I also had to tweak the frame mounts, and the mounting tabs for the fenders would not line up, period. I e-mailed them and they of course said that I was the only person that had reported any installation issues. Everyone here had problems with the install. After they were installed though, I will say they look SWEET! Fitment was off though, which is pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed Pro Armor to tell them the problems I had during install...they said that they were working on things...He asked if I was satisfied after the install was complete...and well, I had to say yes because they do look pretty mean. Soooo, I guess it was worth the fight to get them on....I went on a ride Saturday after the install, I have to say that just the foot pegs would have been a big improvement. I still have to work on the nets though, I have them tied up backwards...no biggie though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts