1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Did you click on the hardware link? Looks a little on the thin side. I like my DG, its a direct bolt on, no little thin brackets.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
hey, I know there is a thread on here for the PRM six pack rack. didn't know if anyone had one of the AC ones, my buddy has the AC one an it holds a gas can perfectly. here is the link

http://acracing.com/product/ac-racing-700xx-cooler-rack-1484.htm
Haven't had any issues with mine, had it for about a year and love it. Hardware pic it kind of deceiving, those are just the fender supports and they are plenty thick for that. Here is a pic of mine installed. My main concern when I was looking at 6 pack racks was clearing an aftermarket silencer. I did put some rubbers on it to avoid damaging the rack and strap when I stand it up.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
quote:
My main concern when I was looking at 6 pack racks was clearing an aftermarket silencer.

Yea thinking of this, I dunno if I would want to be hauling fuel around! And your 700 looks sweet, and the rack, but I still like the one piece aluminum weld.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine breaks a bolt every week. It didn't really work out for me. I think I'm going to try the PRM one. I really liked their front bumper.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Mine breaks a bolt every week. It didn't really work out for me. I think I'm going to try the PRM one. I really liked their front bumper.

Which one do you have the AC, or the DG, that's breaking bolts? Another thing I like about the DG, is you dont have to relocate the tail light.

I was going to try to match my front bumper with the rear DG brushed aluminum. But when I saw the stealth bumper from L8ton Racing, I changed my mind. I do like the looks of alot other beefier bumpers, like the PRM's. The L8ton one just blends in so well, I fell in love! Not to mention the club 700xx logo on it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What do you guys use the six pack racks for?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What do you guys use the six pack racks for?

Personaly I use it for just what it's named after. Strap a cooler in it and go. Where I ride we go on like 4-8 hrs rides, never cross the same path. So we pack a lunch and stuff to drink. There always the stop at gas station, to buy stuff or restock, and top off tanks. I got tired of asking others to use there 4wheeler for my cooler.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That sounds very useful. I'm interested now

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you dont have to relocate the tail light on any of the six pack racks that i know of, prms first ones i think you did but they changed it

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
you dont have to relocate the tail light on any of the six pack racks that i know of, prms first ones i think you did but they changed it

You may not have to relocate the light, but if you have something in the rack. no one behind you will see your light. Atleast thats the way I view the photo's. The Dg rack your cooler is at seat level and above, not below.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. You went with the DG for the safety of being able to see the brake light, one reason I went with the lower one was cause I was afraid of sliding off the seat and sliding into it. Guess I was a little more selfish being concerned about my ass and not about everybody elses front ends behind me, lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the AC rack. You can see in my signature my currents parts. The rack just doesn't line up well with the frame and I got sick of putting new bolts. Does anyone have any input on the PRM one?

Which one do you have the AC, or the DG, that's breaking bolts? Another thing I like about the DG, is you dont have to relocate the tail light.

I was going to try to match my front bumper with the rear DG brushed aluminum. But when I saw the stealth bumper from L8ton Racing, I changed my mind. I do like the looks of alot other beefier bumpers, like the PRM's. The L8ton one just blends in so well, I fell in love! Not to mention the club 700xx logo on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
You may not have to relocate the light, but if you have something in the rack. no one behind you will see your light. Atleast thats the way I view the photo's. The Dg rack your cooler is at seat level and above, not below.
this is the prm rack i have and you can see the brake light with the cooler in place strapped down

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
WOW! That rack looks sweet, I've never seen that type before. Looks like it sits higher than mine, and hold more that's for sure. And also looks like a lower grab bar, below light area. Probly nice for moving out of a tough spot. And it's hard to tell from photo's but does it have the 700xx on it? And one more thing you have a link to where you got it? I searched but didn't see it right off. Nice 700!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bolted on the PRM rack last week. I use it to haul a 2-1/2 gallon gas can for when I'm riding in Glamis. We go on long 50-60 mile runs in the dunes. No gas for miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
T-bird, do you have any side pics of it? I like the way it's up out of the way of the exhaust too, I notice you have the red an black barkers, that's my next mod! So, it seems to me the downfalls of the ac are... can't see the brake light an... looks like the exhaust is blowing on it all the time, an I would mainly be using it to carry gas, so... that's not good! Does anyone know if the PRM six pack rack interferes with the exhaust? I know the back rack doesn't seem to, but... I don't know if I want a rack behind me that I can slam my ass on, ya know?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts